Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I yam what I yam.



See these things? DISGUSTING. I don't care how you slice em, dice em, mash em, cook em, they are disgusting. You can mash em all up and slather them in butter and marshmallow's......doesn't matter what you do they are gagging, heaving, retching disgusting.

My baby sis made me try hers this past weekend insisting I would like hers.......and I politely nibbled a tiny piece of one because she INSISTED these were not only edible but really really good! So, I tried one waiting for the heaving reflex to kick in...and I waited......and I waited.....and then I bit and swallowed some more....and then I bit and swallowed some more....and then I dished myself up some more.....and after I ate those.....then I just sat with my fork and ate right out of the serving bowl......I hate it when my baby sis is right.

6 comments:

  1. No kidding....get that recipie because if you liked it....imagine what those of us who actually LIKE yams would think of it. :D Please pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know too, because for some reason I think yams are really yummy, even though I'm the biggest vegetable wimp alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw shucks. I really like those dudes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. recipe rachel...we need it. also, i was gonna insist that sweet potatoes are good swimming in butter and whole milk.....because they are.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would just like to say that Rachel has the recipe to give out. There. That gets me off the hook.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!