Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Candy apple RED nail polish and Memorials



When I think of my grandma, my dad's mom, the first thing that comes to my mind is candy apple RED nail polish. Not the orangy red stuff. It had to be RED. Blood dripping red. She had beautiful nails. I did NOT inherit her nails but I DID inherit her love of candy apple red. It is my favorite color.

I also inherited her love of hand work (my mom says that is where I got it from), and my love for off the wall craziness. My grandma had the best sense of humor.

I learned a great lesson from her. The last year of her life she spent in our home. She was dying of cancer and yet clear through to the end she kept her sense of humor.

Every year I place a bottle of candy apple RED nail polish on her grave. Her grave is in MT so the years I'm not able to visit on Memorial Day I make sure and have my mom and dad place a bottle of RED nail polish on for me.

Grandma! I'm thinking of you today and in your honor cuz I love and miss you tons!!! I'm painting my nails CANDY APPLE RED.....even if they are broken and cracked stubs.......and by this time tomorrow the paint will all be chipped off......I'm still honorin' ya lady!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv candy apple red too!

    -ec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. My grandmother, too. And I LOVE candy apple red. But I gave up nail polish in the 5th grade. For all the same reasons you should have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love nail polish, especially the deep, dark reds.

    What a fun way to remember your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well....someone already commented on this for me. oh, it was emma....

    i guess it is my turn now and that girl is IN TROUBLE.

    she is standing here wondering how much trouble.

    i loved this post. so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she sounds wonderful, and I love nail polish even though it always gets all messed up. what a fun tribute!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!