Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Blasted Mother's Day!

For those mothers that read this blog did you have a good day yesterday? Were you spoiled rotten as you so deserve? Did your children make you homemade cards that melted your heart? My hope and wish is that you said a loud and exuberant, "YES" to all of these. My hope and wish also is that you received home made cards that melted your heart and not a card like this:



Pretty isn't it? Those tulips.....when I got the card I thought it was so precious!



And when I saw this it melted my heart! Isn't that just precious? And then I opened the card..........



I busted up laughing! "O" means only that she's growing old. Okay so it wasn't as if my daughter actually wrote this right? It was just some paper she cut up and pasted in the card. I couldn't wait to see what my precious baby girl had written to me so I looked to the other page and was met with this:



Dear Mom, this is not a good day because first I coudint find my shose 2nd you didint Let me where my black drees 3rd you didint let do a puzzle! love Kirsten
P.S. I put away my shose!

Yesterday when I was doing my baby girl's hair for church she told me through tears, "this is the worst Mother's Day EVER"! I had the nerve to get after her for not putting away her shoes so she couldn't find them.........she'd wanted to wear a play dress to church and I wouldn't let her......and then to top it off!!! When we got to church I wouldn't let her play with a puzzle during the meeting!!!

I am going to keep this priceless card in a safe place. Someday when my baby girl is having babies of her own.......and Mother's Day comes around.......I am going to give it back to her. I hope she gets as big a kick out of it as I did.

6 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!! You gotta luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the funniest thing I have ever read! When you give it back to her it will be a priceless moment! -This is Sarah's friend Christine, BTW! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no way, that is so funny! Good thing you're a sweet mommy with a good sense of humor. It's a treasure--she'll be so embarrassed later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is definitely a keeper!

    Yesterday one of my kids said, "This is my worst Mother's Day ever!" I laughed to myself and thought isn't it my Mother's Day?

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's child had the worst Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine, I'm glad you stopped by. I am doing pretty good. Thank you for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, I needed a genuine laugh.

    I'm sure the two of you will enjoy that keepsake year after year. (She just needs a few kids of her own first.)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!