Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Pet Peeves

I have a pet peeve. Several actually but this one hit me in the face this morning as it does most mornings. Dirty dishrags.

Every morning I grab the dishrag and sniff it. If it has that ripe reasty smell which 10 out of 10 times it does.......then down it goes into the laundry to be bleached to death. Bleach is my friend. I love bleach. Remember bleach my friend? I've not talked about my friend bleach for awhile but we are still really good friends. Not close like we were last year, I'd decided to put some distance between us. A little healthy distance can be good in a relationship. Speaking of....I just read this post from last year and oh my goodness! What a year it has been! After reading this one you can see why we needed to cool it on our relationship. Me and bleach. Bleach and I.

Anyway, here is my pet peeve. No one in this wigwam (SM excluded) seems to get that a reasty raunchy rag smell isn't so great wiped all over the kitchen table, faces, hands, dishes, etc. cuz it transfers that blecky smell on to all surfaces! Nothing is worse then picking up a wash rag, washing your hands with it and then at some point bringing your hands to your face only to smell.........ugh.......THAT SMELL!

I try to throw the rags at the end of the day into the laundry but invariably somehow another shows up without my knowing and here we go again! My nostrils are assaulted!

What is some of your pet peeves?

8 comments:

  1. I completely get that! I end up throwing away dishrags when they smell that way after one use.

    As for my pet peeves....I have several. My top one is when my kids touch my face with sticky hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO....pet peeves!!! I am going to have to tone this down cause I have this really long list and I usually exclaim my displeasure quite rudely and name whatever it is I am freaking out about my "BIGGEST PET PEEVE" and sometimes I even throw in a swear word or two....but that is just when I am really mad, which I am not, at the moment...and that is just when I am telling my wonderful husband who just laughs at me. So here are some things I hate that I like to feed and clean and talk about and keep around just like real pets: having someone feel me up when I am pregnant (can you say "violated"??), my husband getting on his cell phone every single time we are about to leave the house so I am the lucky one that gets the baby, the diaper bag, the 4 yr old's shoes, the bottle, and the other 4 kids out the door and in the car, that "look" the kids give me when I say "can you hold the baby because I have to.....", the horror stories people like to tell me every time I say I am going to do something out of the ordinary..."Oh, I had a cousin once that tried that and she DIED A HORRIBLE DEATH!!!!". I could go on and on and on, but I won't, since this is just a reply and not a post all on it's own. But I am thinking I will have to write one now because my wheels won't stop turning till I do. Does this count as murmuring???? :) Rachel...you are so dang funny! Thank heavens for computers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Misty! YOU are too dangy funny. I am cracking up and Chastina, I don't like sticky hands period! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate not having the bed made. I would rather lay on top of it during the day if I take a nap then get back in it just to make it again.

    I hate finger prints on glass...guess I will get rid of our glass table when Parker becomes mobile.

    I have been lucky enough that I am so small that people dont really "notice I am almost ready to deliver a baby" thus no one puts their hands on my stomach..thank goodness because I hate people touching me unless its hugs. but from strangers...weird.

    I have a lot of pet peeves...i will stop there because I cant think clearly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ewww, the dishrag does it for me too--that's why we just don't have one. I'm totally un-green and use paper towels because I can't deal with it.
    Other pet peeves? Well, we don't have disposals out here--neither of our places has had one, and that's a big bummer. So I HATE it when Kris just dumps a bunch of food in the sink without scraping it off into the trash first. That means that I'll have to pick up the strainer thing later, with a bunch of gross, slimy, puffy food and dump it in the trash. It literally makes me gag. Ewwww.
    I also hate stepping in dog water slobber in my socks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Ginna, the slobbery dog water does it for me to. I hear ya. Yesterday Brian complained about that very thing as he was in his church socks getting ready for church and down his foot went into the slobber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I'm going strait "downstairs" for this one, but by biggest pet peeve? Elderly drivers. Can we say move over?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crumbs. I hate 'em.

    Long church meetings.

    Sales calls EVER, but especially after six at night.

    Car doors that stick.

    I can't think of any more. I'm too tired.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!