Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

This is how we roll.........



A couple of weeks ago I took a test that tested my brain. What "age" was it functioning at. I tested in my 70's. My mother is in her 70's and while she was here last we were laughing at how we were both going through the same things.



Yesterday while out biking with my baby as we do most days we met an older couple on the river trail. I've passed them several times as we've gone in opposite directions and we call out our "hellos". Yesterday, we were both going in the same direction and so we chatted for a few minutes. The husband told me that he and his wife were in their mid 70's. He then said, "well, we're keeping you from your ride, we go kind of slow for old people". I assured him that no, this was how I roll. This was how fast I always went and we said our goodbyes as he and his wife continued on their way.........leaving me in their dust.

Can I just make one request? If I'm going to spend the rest of my life "elderly" can I have the wisdom that goes with it? Ya, ya. I know. I can just hear my mom's response as she laughingly will tell me, "Sure! You can have all the wisdom you want, you just won't remember it.........."

5 comments:

  1. you look about as far from 70 as you can get in those pictures! you're so adorable.
    I want to go riding with you, looks like baby is having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginna I could give ya a big hug right 'bout now!! You can come riding with me anytime you want. We need to talk your mom into getting a cruiser. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wisdom - like you don't already have it? Holy cats. And how sad is it that you can outpace Sophie on that bike, even when she trots? Those walking folks could probably lap her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have got to get me the name of that child seat. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Brian bought mine in Holland they didn't sell them here in the states but they have since started. Here is one I found on Amazon.

    http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-101-Front-Mounted-Child/dp/B000H9C0UC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1243033537&sr=8-2

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!