Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You are special because.........



Last night my baby girl had the lesson for Family Home Evening. For those of you who do not know what F.H.E. is.....it is an evening that you set aside once a week and spend it with your family. Turn off your phones if need be so you are not disturbed and dedicate an hour or so with time spent with just your family. Monday nights is our night. If you'd like to know more about F.H.E. you can go here.

My baby girl told us a story about a little girl who had been treated poorly and how she retaliated with acts of kindness. She then had us all make crowns that we gave to each other and as we placed them on each other's heads, we told that person what we thought was so special about them.



My SM made this one. I'm thinking the pretty tulip in the background may have been a source of inspiration....what do you think? My SM picked Levi. He said Levi is always happy. Even when he is sad he can turn around in two seconds and be happy again. This is what makes Levi so special.




Native number 4 made this one. He put birds on it. Pretty cool with the blue background. He gave his to native number 7 and told him that he always makes me laugh and he is fun to play with. This is what makes him special.



Native number 1 made this crown with the secret message "friend" and "King of the World" in code that native number 4 had to figure out when it was placed on his head and told that what makes him special is, he is really fun to play with and always makes me laugh.




Native number 2 made this one. I like the swirls, smiley faces, and stars. He placed this on native number 3's head and said that he is a really good artist. This is what makes him so special.



My baby girl made this two toned beauty that was placed on her daddy's head and told him that he is special because he is her daddy and she loves him.



Native number 3 made this one and placed it on his sister's head. She was supposed to figure out what MAD stands for. After yesterday I thought I had a pretty good idea. We still haven't figured it out. A-stands for Awesome. We got that much figured out so what ever she is......she's AWESOME and is a lot of fun to play with.




I made this "royal" crown and placed it on native number 1 and told him that he is a hard worker and obedient. This is what makes him special.




Levi with the help of daddy made this tulip crown which when it was placed on native number 2's head we told him he was "Aladdin" as the tulip kept falling down in his face. Levi told this native he loved him. That is what made him so special.




My baby who loves "Thomas" made this one with the help of his daddy, my SM. I was the lucky recipient. I'm special "cuz I do".

Not bad for an 8 year old planning and giving a lesson all on her own. I have to second what each of the kids and my SM said and say that I think they are all pretty special.........cuz I do!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That was about the coolest lesson I've ever heard of, actually. And the crowns - all different, all wonderful. This was a great idea and I'm going to steal it some day. Good on the eight year old K -

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart young lady! I love having the kids plan out a lesson. They always turn out really good and are often VERY inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's fabulous! How fun for everybody to think about each other in that way. I think it's so good for kids to do that for and with each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She did do a bang up job. She got the idea out of the back of the "Friend" in the FHE helps section. Luv that section!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!