Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Step No. 1 to conquering addiction. Admit you have a problem. But I don't have a problem....

As you all know I've taken up knitting.......or it has taken me up. I'm not sure which. Maybe both as some days it consumes me........ or I consume it.

I wasn't in too much trouble when I first started but the internet can be an evil evil thing. Take a look at this little sunhat! How can I NOT make that for my baby girl?









Do you see what I mean? You take just one little peek thinking, "What harm can it do" and next thing you know you are addicted and can't stop and you're looking for more and more patterns and your family is asking you to go to 12 Step to quit the addiction. But you don't want to because it's therapeutic! It's cheaper than therapy!! At least that is my story and I'm stinkin' to it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've a hat I'm finishing up for my baby and when I get it finished I'll post pictures here for you and then you'll want to knit too. Then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about because we'll be sitting side by side at 12 Step denying that we have a problem.

4 comments:

  1. well, at least you aren't addicted to making those cute little babies that are wearing those cute little hats...it is way easier to just make the hats and not the babies. don't you agree? i love it that you knit...that is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, addiction or whatever you call it. Like they say... I don't suffer from yarn addiction, I love every minute of it... ! Love the snake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope! No suffering here either Lor.

    No worries Misty! I'm over the making babies addiction. I've been clean for four years and counting now! :D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!