Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Welcome!



I'm going to try something different. Normally when I've had a good run and start to go down again it puts me in a funk. I can't say that I embrace the tanking, in fact I do the opposite.





I feel sorry for myself because each time I start to feel good I think, "Boy, that sure stunk being down with the WNV. I learned a lot. Thank goodness it is over and I can get on with my life"! And then inevitably.....the day comes and I tank again.




Yesterday I felt it coming on and as I lay on the couch and later that evening in bed hooked up to the machine that zaps life into me I could feel those feelings of sadness wash over me and then I thought, "Nope! There is more to learn here. Come what may and love it". I need to keep reminding myself from time to time that right now I am in school being taught by the best teacher and that it is a privilege. With the pain comes the sweet so while I'm in pain it reminds me of how sweet it is to not be in pain and how glorious those nights were last week when I ran.

I am also grateful that I have a baby sis that forgives me for taking two years to finish her birthday present. It is finally done and is off to be framed after it dries.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the perspective, Rachel. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least she gets her b-day present. I'm still working on her Christmas from 2 years ago.

    Thanks for the reminder about lessons learned. Something we can all adopt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, thank you!

    Virginia, I think you should give me her birthday present. She hasn't seen it yet right? :D

    Sarah, I love you tons. Obviously since I worked on that dang thing for two years for you! I MUST love you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful Rachel. You get more beautiful each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! I love that adorable cross stitch. It would probably take me 10 yrs to finish it. Oh, and I love you too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!