Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, September 28, 2009

I want your opinion.



As you all know, I am married to the SM. The very sexy Scout Master might I add...but that isn't what I want your opinion on because I already know the answer as I've just stated it.



As you also know, there is a rather uneven amount of testosterone in our household.



Compared to the levels of estrogen.



The SM is often away on camp outs with the male natives and this past weekend was no different excepting this native had had enough. She asked me why the boys always got to go camping with daddy and she didn't! I had to agree with her. We've had enough and we won't stand for this anymore. We females are not going to sit at home anymore and take this nonsense.

There's just one tiny wee little problem. We's a she and they be he's and this will become even more noticeable to the he's as the she becomes older. So, I'm thinking a nice solution to the problem would be to get a camper trailer so the she's can sleep in there away from the he's and thus the Mum can sleep at night not worrying that some over hormoned he boy might try to play Tarzan out in the wilds with my little Jane! Do ya foller? Work with me. Teenagers......hormones......cute Jane in a camp of hormonal Tarzan's......I don't think so!

Here's where I want your opinion. I don't want/need a big camper trailer but I want it big enough to store all of our camping junk....I mean equipment.



I like the idea of a camper trailer because the kitchen has more storage and the bathroom is bigger with more storage. I like the thought of putting all of our camping stuff in the trailer and leaving it in there. I like the idea of having a pantry (albeit small) that has stuff in it so at anytime we could hook up and go at the drop of a hat. I also like having a bigger fridge because well.....I like food okay? Especially when I am camping.



On the other hand......I really like the idea behind the tent trailers. I really like this openness. I like how airy this looks and being able to see out so much while you're inside so you feel like you're still out in the abouts. I also like how compact and small these are for hauling.

I dunno.....what do you think?

13 comments:

  1. I think...I want a tent trailer so you should want one too. That is what I think. I think you are cute and that girl of yours is cute and all those boys are just cute! Now, buy one and go camping already! Don't make that cute girl wait a minute longer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I love the picture of your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I love the pictures of you and Kirsten too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I can't decide. Wait, what are we talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think trailers get hotter than tents/tent trailers. I'd say whichever one is less expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Misty.....I think......you're cute!

    Sarah........trailers.....work with me......but you made me laugh....so that is okay if you lost your train of thought.

    Chastina, I thought about that and like the idea of it being cooler but then thought about the scouts camping in the fall and winter and spring when it is colder and......who am I kidding? Winter camping? The cute girl as Misty calls her and I'll go to the mall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all for the tent trailer! I love camping in a tent with all the sounds of the outdoors, but love the conveniences of a bed off the ground, a kitchen sink, fridge, and possible toilet & shower. On that thought did you say we were going camping?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say go with option 3--a 6x6 tent. If you camp with the boys, you can sleep like the boys.

    We can eve throw in a lavendar air freshener to make it more feminine, but I would not bother since the scouts smell fine to me.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brian hasn't quite caught the vision, has he? I think I like #1. But I like the family pictures even more. SO CUTE!
    (I'd love a camper trailer, since my husband LOVES to camp and I love to be clean and warm)

    ReplyDelete
  10. No Ginna he hasn't has he.

    Brian, We don't want to camp with the boys (we were only going to spend time with you). Instead, we'll go with option four. A hotel!

    When is your next scout trip????

    As for the scouts smelling fine to you......that isn't something I'd brag about. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're thinking too small. Creature comforts . . . . necessities . . . . heat/air/fans/running water/flushing toilets . . . . Need I go on???

    Camper is "easier" to heat and cool. Tent trailer is more "outdoors".

    You just need to hurry and get it so you can visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had one once. My uncle tied his dog up to one of the tent supports, and he ended up barking at a skunk, and - well - yeah. We didn't use it much after that. But yeah. Nice idea. The pictures are really fun, but the one of K running and you in the back? Art. Cool. I'm tring to catch up. I need to sleep. But I'm so behind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristen, I really love that picture too! For some reason it reminds me of "Pride and Prej". Not sure why....but it does.

    Or, maybe it is my inner self that is running and jumping while my body is left behind? I dunno but it is a cool photo.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!