Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, September 21, 2009

I wasn't gonna say anything but I'm gonna

There is an e-mail that is circulating around. I received it the other day and it really bothered me. It was one of those that you forward on to as many people as you possibly can to get "the information out". The problem with this e-mail is that the information was not only false but harmful. Harmful in that those who do not take the time to learn and research would form an opinion, a hateful opinion might I add, against a people who are good. Those people are, the Muslims.

This is the e-mail that is going around:

USPS New 42-Cent Stamp!!!

Celebrates Muslim holiday.


If there is only ONE thing you forward today.... let it be this!


REMEMBER


the MUSLIM bombing of Pan Am Flight 103!


the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!


the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon !


the MUSLIM bombing of the military Barracks in Saudi Arabia !


the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa !


the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!


the MUSLIM attack on 9/11/2001 !


all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now President Obama has directed the United States Postal Service to REMEMBER and HONOR the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a new commemorative 42 Cent First Class Holiday Postage Stamp..


REMEMBER to adamantly & vocally BOYCOTT this stamp, when you are purchasing your stamps at the post office.


All you have to say is "No thank you, I do not want that Muslim Stamp on my letters!"


To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.


REMEMBER ~
pass this along to every Patriotic AMERICAN that you know and lets get the word out !!!



Here is something to chew on...



They (MUSLIMS) don't even believe in Christ, & they're getting their own Christmas stamp! BUT, don't dare to dream of posting the ten commandments on federal property! This is truly UNBELIEVABLE !!!


Sounds horrible doesn't it? The MUSLIMS doing all of these devastating things and if this were true then I'd be behind this e-mail sending it on just as fast as I could. I am fiercely patriotic but the sad truth is the MUSLIMS are not the ones who did these terrible things.

What? They didn't? Then who did? The same people that the MUSLIMS who live over in Pakistan and other countries are terrified of and have living in their backyard lurking in the shadows causing terror to their daily lives. The Al Qaeda and Taliban.

So there is my soap box for today. Not my normal post but something I felt needed to be addressed.

7 comments:

  1. As I read this I thought that it is unfair to boycott all Muslims for the actions of a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this! I mean, we have fundamentalists groups associated with our religion too--I certainly wouldn't want anyone to judge or categorize me with or because of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were supposed to send this to me so I could reply, actually. And Guy got it, too - and it made me furious. I don't know why you'd make a stamp celebrating muslims if you're not going to make a stamp celebrating middle class white males and Jews and Asian braniacs, personally - it's kind of rude to celebrate one person in front of other people who you are pointedly ignoring - unless it's that person's birthday. And I don't think it's the birthday of Islam -

    That said - REMEMBER:

    the MUSLIM invention of pure distillation processes which could fully purify chemical substances in the middle ages.

    that Chemistry as a science was almost created by the Moslems (Will Durant)

    the MUSLIM invention of sugar refining.

    the MUSLIM invention of RESTAURANTS

    the MUSLIM invention of the concept of ZERO, without which we could not have achieved the magnificent math based things we have - like engineering and quantum physics.

    The muslim discovery that glass could be made out of stone. Can you see through that?

    The MUSLIM development of things like hand lotions, perfume, cosmetics.

    There are a thousand things that Muslim people have contributed to what we now think of as normal life - OUR normal life.

    And remember that some of us have MUSLIM friends who we love dearly and are stalwart, honest, hardworking, lovely, beloved people.

    So while you're remembering, don't forget NOT to forward thin-minded, bitter, ugly, stereotype-building, ignorant, incendiary trash - because there are those of us who find it highly objectionable.

    This is not what I was going to reply to the sender - but as he will never see it here, I'm saying it all.

    If you want to read a really full list of Muslim accomplishments, nip on over to the evil WikiP and you will get pages and pages of wonderful things that have come out of nations and minds that have been formed on the philosophy and discipline of Islam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. K, do you still want the e-mail so that you can reply to the sender? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My great-aunt (by marriage) lived in a Japanese internment camp during WWII...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marseille, this is exactly what I am talking about and was going to mention those who were sent to those camps after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Thank you for bringing this up. Kristen and I talked about this very thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly can be easier to let things like this go, but I appreciate that you took the time to voice reason on the matter.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!