Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What is Christopsomos?



Christopsomos is Greek celebration bread.......



We had it with Greek celebration pasta and Greek celebration spinach that looks kind of wilty but fits our wilty personalities round these here parts.

While we were eating our dinner celebrating our Greek heritage that I'm sure we have down the line, probably one of the children of my great great great great great Jewish grandpa who married my Polynesian grandma, I was talking about something and Levi pipes up and says, "Woman, be quiet"!

I immediately closed my mouth and didn't say another word for the rest of the meal.

I couldn't. I was too busy trying to keep my food in my mouth that I had almost spewed forth when I busted up laughing.

5 comments:

  1. wow, that bread is something to behold--beautiful!!
    and that Levi is quite the character, isn't he? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi is so funny! I love those kind of moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gin - the bread was WONDERFUL, which you would KNOW if you lived here and were hanging with US. Where the heck did he get that phrase, that Levi? WOMAN, be QUIET? You don't even watch TV.

    Brian . . .?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Thanks for the laugh today and sparking my appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Who knows Kristen. That is what made us laugh so hard. The scriptures? :D

    No one here says, "Woman"!

    I didn't add this part either but he also told Henny Penny she couldn't talk because she is fat.......

    Thank you everyone! What tiny morsel that was left tastes just as good today....which I ate.....cuz I wanted to know if it would taste as good day two. And it seriously was just a morsel. Good thing I have starter in my fridge still. I think I want to make some more tomorrow....too tired today....but tomorrow......mmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!