Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Haircut of Choice



Choosing a haircut is a very big decision. Some people pour over magazine photos, go on the Internet and have a virtual make over done so they can see how various hair cuts would look on them.........it's a big deal!



Take for example Mr. M. Saturday at our house was hair cut day and Mr. M chose a buzz. "Buzz it all off mom!" No one else chose a buzz. Just Mr. M. He put a lot of thought into his choice because:

A)Mr. M was at a friends house when he was called home to get his hair cut. A buzz would insure that he would be able to return to his friends house quickly. A buzz is a fast cut and no one complains more sitting through a hair cut than Mr. M. "Are you almost done......this is taking FOREVER.......I can't sit here much longer......are you finished?" This is before the haircut has even begun. You can imagine what goes on during!

B)Mr. M, and I quote, (when I'd finished giving him a buzz) "Cool! Thanks mom! Now I don't have to wash my hair!" The showering process that is so quick you wonder if any water actually got on the child is now made faster by the reasoning that he doesn't have to wash his hair. World shattered....you still have to wash your hair when you get a buzz.



C)Last but not least, the biggest perk of all besides getting back fast to playing with friends, (and again I quote) "Well, okay. I'll wash my hair (huge grin) but I don't have to brush it anymore!!!"

14 comments:

  1. I think that is part of the reason I like to cute my boy's hair short. I don't have to worry about the bed head look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, he is SO CUTE!!! don't tell him i said that. you can say that i said his hair is...totally cool. but really i think he is SO CUTE!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when I was herding Jadon yesterday after RS, we came around the corner where Brian's class was being held and I looked for sibs. Finally saw Kirsten. Then this other kid who looked odd, but 0h-so-familiar. Imagine the speed of my blinking when I realized it was Mr. M????? But Baby, I thought - where is your gorgeous hair? I seem to be saying that a lot these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chastina, I think they're onto something. Next time you see me, I may have a buzz!

    Misty, I will totally tell him you think he is cool and probably that you think he is cute too because if I didn't humiliate and embarrass The Natives at least once a day....well then, I wouldn't be doing my job now would I? :)

    Kristen, Must be something in our house. :D Mr. B wasn't too thrilled to have his lovely locks cut off....but when you've a mission coming up in two and a half years.....the Brethren counsel the time is now to prepare and look the part....not a month before.....And don't you be making it worse by telling Mr. B you miss his curls!!! We need back up here as parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You (and Mr. M) have totally sold me on a buzz cut. Do you think I could pull it off? Well, maybe a buzz cut with sweeping bangs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gerb, I think a buzz cut with sweeping bangs would be totally awesome! I tried getting Mr. M to let me do his into a mohawk....he has no sense of adventure....but sweeping bangs! Totally!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that boy has such gorgeous eyes! I love his smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should have sent Ashton home with Mr. M...I think a buzz cut on him would be an answer to my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I want to know is how you got that second picture. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of him where he is not smiling and looking directly into the camera. You seem to have captured him off the usual guard and preparedness. Any picture you take of anyone around here typically has him diving into the picture...invited or not...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ginna, He has killer eyes and eye lashes doesn't he? So not fair. He's a boy for crying out loud! His dates are going to hate him. :)

    Natalie, I know. Even with The Master's spikey hair gel we couldn't get it. I am so inept with hair. Bald, buzz.....those I can do!

    Jody, Normally Mr. M asks for a buzz for summer so that he doesn't have to get it cut or do it all summer. This year he started a little early. :D

    Brian, Total cleverness on my part. :D And thank you for the first photo. Frameable that one is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is so cute he could grow an afro and dye his hair pink and he would still be beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anon., I think his older brother was close to trying just that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uncle Rush, Vanity hasn't come into play yet with him. It's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!