Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Cry Me A River



Sadly, it has come to my attention that I am not the coolest mom ever. While cleaning I came across a piece of paper that confirms it.

My sweet baby girl has dashed all of my hopes. I thought I rocked man! I mean, last week I found on my pillow little drawings and love notes from my baby girl and I knew that she would never see me differently. In her eyes I could do no wrong. I was her hero. She wanted to grow up and be just like me! And then...the paper:

I have the sadist live ever
I have mean parants.
mean brothers,but
nice friends and there
moms are nice NO FAIR


I'm sitting here wringing my hands. I just don't know what to do! I'm beside myself. How could I have fallen so far from hero to zero? It's tragic really. I was knitting her some fingerless mitts. Hot pink ones in fact but now with this blow I just don't know how I can go on ya know? Oh my heart is just breaking. I thought.......we were........friends! Like best best BEST friends.

I bet it was the oatmeal.....Gosh. I should have thought about that before making it again and again and again and making her eat it. Wow! I wish we could go back in time and change things. I just can't stand knowing that our baby girl thinks we're so mean and that her friends parents are so nice! Oh and chores. Yeah. She says she has more chores than any of her friends.

Okay, I have a plan. I'm gonna talk to The SM and tell him we can't make oatmeal anymore or have our baby girl do any chores. She's got tons of brothers that can do them for her! Yeah. That's what I'll do. Then I'LL be the cool parent on the street again. Phew! I was SO stressed over this. Thanks for listening. It really helped, letting me talk this through. Parenting is so tough......good thing The SM and I are tougher!

10 comments:

  1. In Praise of Mean Moms

    I had one
    once.
    mean.
    Really mean.
    one hour of TV
    eat your vegetables or live forever at the table
    make your bed
    tell the truth
    only one cookie
    practice your flute/piano mean.
    Look.
    Look what it's done to me.
    am I happy now?
    do I have hope?
    do I trust in truth?
    do I ever get anything done?
    do I hang on
    when I have to
    do I love
    do I meet dragons head on?
    am I mean?
    oh yes. Echo mama.
    I am mean.
    and they that follow
    can answer
    all those questions
    yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I thought I was "the meanest mom in the whole world." That is a direct quote from my children.

    I wonder what she'd think if she actually lived at her friend's house?

    As a child I remember seeing all the fun things others would do and didn't realize all the chores and responsibilities they had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, YES!!! Well, excepting there was that one time...... :D Just kiddin'.

    Chastina, The grass is always greener right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I will 2nd what my mom says. She's a meanie mean mom.
    It's tough when your mom makes you eat oatmeal that she knows will make you healthy and strong. Just mean. If only she'd just let you eat chips and soda for breakfast like the other nice moms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know why she's mad- I was following Jared around and he went over to your house where he found matthew outside cleaning up with Kirsten, and she came up to me and said "I have the meanest parents ever. They said I couldn't go play with Emma or see what Julie and Owen are doing!!" Or at least it was something like that- hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That poor, poor girl. She and my Cowgirl would get along swimmingly. Have you seen my post from waaaay back when she drew a picture of me that looked more like a witch? Oh, yeah. Mean moms, unite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jody, It's called sucking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fuuny, Rachel. Lilly told me she didn't want a white mom anymore she was ready for a brown one.....boo hoo boo hoo, I guess this means I get to go tanning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, Oh my gosh I am laughing!!! You. Me. Let's go tanning!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!