Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Musings



Out of all of The Native's Mr. T likes the piano the least. If you sat and watched one of his lessons you'd have to take a break half way through. It truly is painful. At least it looks and sounds painful and must be because Mr. T moans and groans and gnashes his teeth and slams his hands down and complains and through it all......his teacher sits here patiently with a smile, every once in awhile letting a chuckle or grin escape....(personally I don't know how his teacher can be so patient, I'd smack Mr. T if he were my student).... because here's the deal.

Mr. T carries on like nobodies business yet take this piece he is playing for example. It is only a small part of the piece. It took him weeks, months to pass off this song. The tears that were shed and the names that the piano was called. The piano still has red cheeks! The piano shouldn't though because Mr. T is always goofing around on the piano doing things like trying to see how fast he can play the above piece. The piece that he hated and was NEVER going to pass off and the piano that he hates playing.....which he can't stay away from......because he is too busy playing all of the songs that he JUST HATES and was NEVER going to pass off......

I'm sure there is some wisdom to this post, like if you work at something hard enough you'll grow to love it. I don't think so though because I've been working hard for years at things like dishes, laundry, scrubbing, and I sure as heck don't love those things and can't see myself ever loving them! (And no snotty comments from the peanut gallery stating the obvious......that I don't work very hard at those things anymore and it is The SM who is now doing them......that's beside the point. I've put in my hours, days, years!!)

What ever the wisdom....I sure get a kick out of seeing Mr. T who "hates it"..... playing the piano.

11 comments:

  1. just tell him (if he's into girls) that they will fall madly in love with him when they hear him play, but run away if they hear him complain about it.
    btw...my sister who is almost 15 is visiting next week...and I"m trying to decide if I want to set her up (when she comes of age) with Mr. B, or the tuinei boy, or the barrett boy. your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marseille, So what you are trying to say is go ahead and let him complain right? In fact, to encourage him to complain. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Same with Andrew, although when his violin was in for repair he wanted a piano lesson. Go figure!!!

    Can't see video though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some fast fingers on that kid. Agile too.
    Aren't kids funny? I say let him complain, so you can keep getting your kicks. You should get some benefit from it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. His fingers sure do fly over those keys! I wish I'd practiced piano so my fingers could fly over the keys like his.

    I say let him complain. He'll eventually realize how much he loves to challenge himself (if he doesn't already).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Virginia, Oh bummer you couldn't see the video....I want to see video of Andrew on his violin. It's been awhile.

    Natalie, Dramatic! Absolutely dramatic. He puts on a good show!

    Chastina, It's he getting him to admit it part..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That boy does NOT sound like he hates the piano. He sounds great! Way to go Mr. T!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginna, Oh but if you could hear him while he is practicing and during his lessons....... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jody, Wow what a stinker!!! Is right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crazy talented! Once he sees how good he is, he'll get a confidence boost and stop complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori, I dunno. This is a child that likes to complain for the sake of complaining. :D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!