Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Levi's Eight!



I have so many thoughts and feelings running through me today as I reflect on the past eight years of Levi's life. Eight years! Do you have any idea how huge this is? Over the past eight years of Levi's life we've not known if he would even make it this far. They've been eight years of worry, hardship, heart wrenching moments, fatigue like I never knew was possible, and yet.......when I look back on Levi's life that isn't what I remember or even want to remember.

I am just grateful for the miracle and blessing that is Levi. For having him in our lives. The laughter and joy that he radiates, the pleasure that Levi finds in the simplest of things, the example that he is to me to be like a little child and live life to the fullest.

Today, on Levi's birthday may I say to you, "Hey Fungus! I'm gonna throw a meatball at your head"! (As I double over giggling and laughing because tickling the tummy comes next..............)

17 comments:

  1. So glad that you have been able to enjoy him for eight years! Here is to many more tummy tickles and many more birthdays with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful that little guy is! Happy Birthday to Levi indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Levi! I'm pretty sure that he and I would be pals if we ever chance to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chastina, It has been a beautiful eight years and we're looking forward to many more as well. Tummy tickles and all.

    Denae, He truly is wonderful....in so many ways.

    Gerb, Well, we just need to arrange that don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! Congrats to Levi, Mom and all the Rubows for getting this far. I'm so happy about it.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEVI!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eight is simply great in so many ways isn't it? Happy Birthday Levi! My funny garbage bag flag friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ginna, It's been a great ride!

    Natalie, LOL! I need to get pictures of Levi and his 'flag'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for Levi! Happy birthday, and many blessings to all of you. He is a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Levi told me that he was going to have 'lots of ice cream and lots of cake' tonight. Glad to know that the Rubows know how to party…

    And, happy birthing day to you.

    You did done good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Levi. You are my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carrilyne, He says, "Thank you"! :)

    Lori, Thankyou. He is our miracle baby and boy. He reminds me each and everyday that miracles really do happen.

    Uncle Rush, LOL! Yes we do! This whole week is a party for Levi and after his baptism....wait till you see the food. :D Better get permission from Dr. Z for a day off. ;)

    Auntie Ginnia, Levi says, "I love you too"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Levi? Where's Zion? You know what you are? A big fat corn dog. And a miracle. Who could have guessed any of this? You, my love, have done so well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristen, HA! "No YOU'RE a corn dog! Randle, where's Zion?" :)

    Last night when I tucked Levi in bed he blew me a kiss and said, "You a goober fungus"! And then he giggled and pulled the covers over his head. What a twerp! It made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jody, He wore his shirt yesterday for his birthday. Pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!