Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Pinky Swear.....with fingers crossed behind my back.........

I apologize for not posting yesterday. It was a long day and if you knew why I didn't post you'd feel sorry for me and bring me not only breakfast in bed but you'd also bring us all dinner. Because bed is where I ended up.

Let's just say, before surgery, the Doctor has to make sure all things are good to go and do some major testing that left me in some serious amount of pain. Enough that all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and wait for "this too shall pass"......Enough pain that when I tried to blog I couldn't focus or concentrate so I didn't.

Today I am happy to announce that things are much much better.

This past weekend my parents came to visit. They came for Levi's baptism and stayed with us for a couple of days. After the baptism Dad and Mom wanted to change out of their Sunday clothes into more casual wear. We all did! So we all ran and changed. Everyone was sitting in the family room talking when Dad came in all frustrated still in his church clothes. He asked me if I knew of a good place to go and buy some jeans and then he looked at my mom and told her......she'd packed her jeans for him. Mom started to laugh and asked if Dad was sure. Dad said he'd held them up and they were most definitely moms! He needed some jeans.

I jumped up with new found energy and told Dad, "Let's go shopping!!!!" Dad, Mom, and I loaded up in Dad's truck and off we went to my Dad's most favorite place in the entire world........the mall. As we were walking up to the front doors Mom and I realized we'd lost Dad a few paces back. We looked back and he was standing on the sidewalk with a puzzled look on his face.



He started to chuckle and asked my mom, "Bette! Are you wearing my jeans?" Mom got all in a huff and told him of course not! She was NOT wearing his Levis. I looked at my Mom's butt and asked her if she owned a pair of Levis. No, she didn't!! I informed her barely able to control my laughter (okay, I didn't, I howled) that she was indeed wearing Dad's Levis.

Through tears of laughter Dad said that he didn't need to buy some new jeans after all!



On the way home, with a very grave voice Dad told me that I must swear by my own blood that I would never NEVER let the family know who really wears the pants.

Naturally........I can't believe he felt he had to make me promise!

14 comments:

  1. LOL!!! That is so funny! How in the world did she get the jeans mixed up?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is some funny stuff. And I absolutely love how they posed for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In reference to your parents... LOL - :D Thanks for sharing!! I love funny happenings and wish there were a bazillion more of them in my life!

    As far as your pain... I know we don't really know each other, but I really mean it when I say... I'm so sorry about your pain, and so glad you are feeling better. I hope you let people know when you need help, and DO get dinners at your door when you need them. We all need help sometimes... that's just life. Glad you're doing better!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. and THAT folks...is where our rachel gets it. you know....IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well grandma...if I put on tyler's jeans I would not look that good! So well done!! not to may girls can pull off male levi's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness that's hilarious! I would've been laughing SO hard. Cute parents you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They DO look great on her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, but this made me laugh; it also made me think of this old 'commercial' from SNL: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/mom-jeans/229048/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hanna, It's called a "Senior Moment".

    Gerb, Delightful my parents aren't they?

    Natalie, We all thought so as well.

    Corine, No kidding! I could use a good douse of laughter daily. Several times a day!

    Thank you for your sweet kind words. I'm doing much better YAY!! That asking for help thing....I'm not so good at that. It's a work in progress. It's a pride thing. :D

    Misty, I don't know what you are talking about! HA!

    Alex, That is exactly what I told her. I told her she needed to start shopping for Levi's cuz it may have been a mistake putting those on but it was a dang good one!

    Jody, Isn't it though!

    Ginna, We laughed for a long time over that. Still are!

    Kristen, They do don't they? Now if I can just convince my mom!

    Uncle Rush, How in the WORLD do you remember this stuff! Oh my heck that is funny. Don't apologize. We've been laughing since.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could fit in my husband's jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, Actually my mom was upset! She couldn't believe she fit in dads jeans! She thinks she's fat. Good grief! She's 72 and she thinks she's fat???? Try and tell her she looks fabulous. Guess no matter how old we are we wish we looked better. How depressing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny! I love the cheeky pic of her butt...reminds me of something my mom would do.

    And I think it's so cool that your Dad's favorite place is the mall ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori, My parents have a great sense of humor. My dad loves the mall as much as he loves the dentist! :D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!