Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Just work dang it!


Photo Credit

When I use something, I expect it to work. I know the saying that computers are only as smart as their users but I totally disagree. If this were the case, mine wouldn't even know how to boot itself up after I hit the 'on' button. I'd just get a blank screen with the words, "duh" written across it and an occasional pile of drool seeping out onto the keyboard.


Photo Credit

I don't know if it is just my little blogger.com world but mine is being terribly inept! When I try to comment on other blogs I am having to log in every stinking time! And then, when I type my password it never takes it the first time. I have to re-type my password again. And somewhere in bloggie.com world some oompa loompa is laughing his orange head off that he's made me do it again. "Watch this, Rachel's logging on. Let's see how many times we can get her to re-type her password today!" Followed by a high pitched sick giggle.

Twisted oompa loompa number two sees deranged oompa loompa number one having such a blast messing with Rachel he decides to see how tight he can wind Rachel's undies by only letting her download three photos TOPS at a time on her blog. He knows Rachel will read that she can download five but that number is just to see if she'll try time and time again to download five photos only to have them swiped away to oompalands overloaded landfill/dump.


Photo Credit

When I use something, I expect it to work! This goes with anything. Cars, appliances, computers.... and when it doesn't....... well I just get crabby! And I want to throw things at the offensive not working ____________ (insert name of not working whatever), and I call it all sorts of barbed names but here's the real kicker! Oompa Loompa land is a one way mirror type place I've decided. They dish it out and I receive it and I get all ticked. I dish it back and it doesn't do a blasted thing! Nothing changes. They just keep dishing. Internet down? Who cares? Chief Oompa doesn't. I kick and scream and hit refresh. Nothing.

So I throw my temper tantrum and get all worked up and finally foaming at the mouth I'm resigned to the fact that I am getting no where and the only one that is being affected is myself as my blood pressure goes through the roof.

There's a lesson here.......but I'm choosing to walk to the other side of the warped mirror and ignore it.

12 comments:

  1. Why do those dang Oompa Loompa's get to have all the fun?

    Have you tried Windows Live Writer? It's a program that allows you to put your post together then posts to your blog. Oh and it's free. Hurray for the middle man (or program) to help reduce the frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad absolutely HATES those dang oompa loompas. He keeps saying to my mom that "If we don't take this stupid computer in I am gonna chuck it!!! we'll keep the monitor but I'll chuck the blasted computer!!!! gaaaaa!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of the THREE pictures is my favorite. if my hair were longer it would look just like that. the expression is already a done deal. i agree. if the Oompa in charge of creating this stuff takes the time to put it all together, they should make sure the stuff WORKS like it SHOULD WORK or else they should go into something else for a living. like making candy or something.

    ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. blogger has been a bit of a pain lately for me too. big jerks just like to get us used to something and then pull it out from under us, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm. Wouldn't know what you're talking about. www.myonemorething.WORDPRESS.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogger has been TERRIBLE for me. It asks for my account info, then for another security word, then for my account info - and sometimes, it won't end up taking any of it at all. I hate the thing. I even spent hours on the support forum the other day, trying to figure it out. Some blogs are instant and fine. Almost all my usual ones work great. But it's the ones I go to least that are freaking me. So Kathy makes great sense. Did I mention that I'm WORDPRESS too? Mac and Wordpress. Narry a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sending sympathetic vibes--here's hoping for an easier future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogger has been doing some of the same things to me too! Driving me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what...because it's late and computer stuff could take me a few days to whine over, I'm not even going there. Just picture me nodding and saying, sing it sister. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chastina, I haven't tried it yet. Sounds like I need to before I grind my teeth to powder.

    Hanna, I'll stand next to your dad and chuck mine along with his!!

    Misty, Yes! SHOULD WORK! No bugs! Do it right the first time! WORK DANG IT!

    Ginna, Some must just delight in others pain right?

    Kristen, Yeah yeah yeah. I know. Wordpress and Macs.....you temptress.

    Jody, Somebody should complain! :D

    Anaise, Feelin' the vibes. I'm feelin' em.

    Sarah, Maybe blogger is prejudiced to our family!!

    Lori, I'm singin' it! Can you hear me? Can you hear me singin' it from here? Cuz I'm singin' it loud and clear and....well, maybe not clear but LOUD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing that technology is amazing, but it doesn't always work as well as we'd like it to all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uncle Rush, Even as I wrote this I was laughing at the ridiculousness of it. Technology IS amazing and it is funny to get ticked when it isn't fast enough or works just so..... but!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!