Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Statistics Class

"I'm borrrrrrrred. There's nothing to doooooooo!"

The Native's know better than to say this to me because I always reply that I am more than happy to find things for them to do like, scrub toilets.........mop the kitchen floor........scrub the baseboards with a toothbrush.........weed the gardens......

I can find a multitude of things for The Native's to do so yesterday when Henny Penny and her BFF (best friend forever) started to get borred they did something "totally random". (Henny Penny's words)



They decided to do an experiment to see how many cars would wave at them when they waved at the cars.



A tally mark if the person/people in the car waved, a tally mark if they didn't.



Over 70 cars later, and trying desperatly time and time again with happy energetic waving to break the tie, they came to this conclusion: Miss J said, "Gosh! People sure are grumpy in America! Look how many people didn't wave!" :D And then the two girls twirled and did cartwheels into the back yard with nary a care in the world.....happy as can be!

10 comments:

  1. Talk about a great social experiment…as well as boredom buster.

    I'd have waved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend time! I love that experiment. I'll have to add it to my boredom buster list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! It's as good as a lemonade stand, and much less messy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Consider totally randomness a success. What great girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uncle Rush, There is no doubt in my mind that you would have waved. Cuz you're totally awesome like that.

    Chastina, The funny thing is if I'd have suggested that to the girls they'd have told me it was a stupid idea. The genius is that they came up with this on their own!

    Ginna, And a whole lot less for me to do!

    Natalie, Aren't they just the goofiest munchkins? The two are always cooking something up that just cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent!

    If we didn't live on a cul-de-sac we'd go out and do that one today. Maybe there's another way . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, I wonder how they came to that idea? Was it some school thing that made them think about stats and surveys? Because that's pretty sophisticated thinking. And the patience - that really impresses me. Hummm - was Ms. K, by any wild chance, HOME SCHOOLED?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anaise,

    Maybe a neighbors house? If you do, let me know how it turns out. Curious minds want to know if your part of America is friendlier than ours. :D

    Kristen, Ummmm MAYBE!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, :D I wondered if anybody else had picked up on those. I thought they were hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!