Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Memory......where art thou..........



One of the many things I love about this time of year is all of these. Cards, cards, cards, from family and friends. The one time of year that I actually enjoy having my mail box full of envelopes.

I do appreciate the convenience of e-mail and its cost effectiveness.....no stamps.....but I do miss getting letters and cards in the mail. I'm so glad that most still send cards via snail mail.

The snow is quite blustery outside today. I am snuggled in bed in my warm flannel jammies under my down comforter....Levi's dog Julie is cutting off the circulation in my feet as she is curled up in a ball on top of them.




A perfect time to address Christmas cards! Now, if I could just remember...... I know I've been married for sixteen years........this shouldn't be so difficult........"Ummm, honey? How do we spell our last name?"

And you all think I'm kidding.............I'M NOT.......but I do think it is funny.......spell check?

4 comments:

  1. I love Christmas Cards too...Unfotunatly I'm down to receiveing only a handful this year. My Mother says you have to send out cards to receive them. I think she has a point. One of these years I will get my act together and send out the most incredible Christmas Cards yet...
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I don't have your email address... mine is Jewelsthang@aol.com send me something so I can save your address. Anyways, that Christmas train ride is over for the year we went on the night before the last ride.... sorry I should have thought to post all the info before hand. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that you like cards too. We send one to ALL of our relatives and friends as well. I really don't expect people to send us cards in return, sometimes I just wonder if it bugs some people, like it's pretentious that we pay for stamps, or if they think I'm only sending them one because I feel obligated.

    That would be my insecurity manifesting itself. I think my insecurity would go away if those who don't send cards just offered a verbal thanks every six or seven years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to send out so many. All with letters and pictures. But the blog lets me use Tons of pictures, and there's no folding and licking. I miss the glitter, actually. And some of the beautiful or the clever art. But money, time - it all adds up. And stamps at almost half a dollar a piece. Things die in a culture - and other things take their places. Bless us. It is the way of the world.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!