Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Get UP! Oh no........I sound like that stupid commercial on the radio where the guy is dreaming, "bears, bears....." and his wife is saying, "get up" and then he says, "I'm up" and she says, "no, I mean Up".......some insurance company or something. I can't stand that commercial and now it has tainted my mind because at the moment........my mind is all the company I have!

Would you believe, it is Christmas morning and I am sitting down by the tree all alone, tapping my foot, looking at the native's closed bedroom doors, waiting.....waiting.....waiting......

Not a peep! Not a sound! No giggling and shshing as they wait for the command that they can all come down the stairs so I can catch their first glimpse of the tree on camera.

I'm mean. I make the natives wait until they are all awake, the fire has to be started, the tree lit up with lights, Christmas music playing in the back ground....

I only do it to torture them because THEY ARE TORTURING ME! It is almost 9:00 in the morning and they are all STILL ASLEEP! They do this every year to me!

I have the weirdest kids...........



Fifteen years ago today this native was born. The most wonderful Christmas present I have ever received. Isn't he adorable in this photo? This is when he turned twelve.



Amazing how much they grow in just three years isn't it? He's as tall as his dad and working side by side.

Happy 15th birthday baby! I love you everyday to heaven and back.

Now show me that you love me and WAKE UP! I wanna look in my stocking and see what Santa brought me! Laws what one must go through to curb the excitement on Christmas morning. It is more than this parent can handle some times.........

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! We do the whole thing, too, minus the snow this year. We're in 70 plus degree weather and I thought I'd miss the snow, but after spending yesterday in a football/basketball game, I'm not so sure! I'd like it for a week at Christmas, then I'd be done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. geeze lucky! Aveie was up at 5:30! It's ok though.... I was up early and excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRENNAN _ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, you gorgeous hunk of manhood!!!! How exciting!! Sorry we aren't there. But we're rolling around on the floor repenting of every molecule of chocolate and peppermint we've eaten today.

    And yeah - Guy was up before I was. And went to feed. Then I got up and ran on the treadmill - and even that didn't wake Chaz up. Then Scooter hadn't slept all night, so the kids didn't come till after M's phone call, which almost didn't happen.

    Then, about eleven in the morning, TA =DA - we were all up and here and ready to start the day!!! Now, I just wanna go back to bed.

    Kiss kiss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was somehow up before Max on christmas too. I couldn't sleep at all--I had a cold and was all stuffed up. AND I wanted to know what was in my stocking too. I couldn't wait. Luckily Max was up at 7, just as I figured he would be. So I was only up an hour and a half before he was. (wow, 5:30, what am I like 5 yrs old??)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!