Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Plumbing.....it's supposed to be simple.



The one thing I wanted for Christmas was a new kitchen faucet. My old one had seen better days and when it requires more tools to turn on and shut off the fixture....it is time to get a new one. I had seen this one at Lowe's and fell in love with it. Santa must have felt I needed a new one too and I have been good so this appeared under the Christmas tree. At least that is my story and I'm sticking to it.





Ask my dad to fix anything and he'll do it gladly for you except plumbing. He hates plumbing for the simple reason......it is NEVER simple. BUT, this project was going to be simple. A simple faucet replacement.





So why then, if replacing a faucet is so simple, is my sink on the kitchen floor,



a look of exasperation on my SM's face, and a gaping hole where my sink USED to be? (Please ignore all of the dirty dishes piled up on the counters. I've been without a sink for a few days now....cuz fixing a faucet is simple.)




The sink is now back on the counter....but tools still litter the floor because the plumbing underneath still has to be redone.





I knew my dad would get a kick out of our recent plumbing adventures. When I called and told him he said, "Brian should have listened to me. He needs to go out to the street where the water lines start and work backwards from there."

We'll be glad when this "simple" project is finished... so will the natives. They've had to wash the dishes out in the ditch out the back. I KID....almost.....

4 comments:

  1. I find projects always take longer and are more involved than I expected. I'm glad your sink is back in its proper place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically, unlike Chastina, I find that most projects—ones that i've worried over and though about doing a million time, shying off because I figure they're going to involve TONS of weirdness - end up being way easier than I'd thought they'd be. Maybe that's because stewing over something multiplies it a thousand fold, and anything real is going to seem like WAY less than that.

    There again, if it looks simple, you know it's going to boil your brains. Ah, earth life -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm. I meant thought about , not though about. I'm not even going to re-read the rest. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm soooo glad to know that it is not just us!! I thought we were the only ones cursed with the the DIY curse! Hope your plumbing is working right now! Kitchen plumbing that is!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!