Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Farming. And not just turkeys.




Here on the farm we don't just raise turkeys. I realize it is hard with all of the turkeys running around and feathers flying to see but we don't.




If you look carefully, you will see two turkeys nested down for the night. One is easier to see than the other. Being a pro at this turkey raising business I know the signs to look for and under that rather colorful quilt with his head nestled on a pillow is a turkey if ever you saw one. Trust me. I know my turkey business.





It is a bit hard to see to the untrained eye but try to look past the turkeys and you will see tucked in among the boots a canine who thinks she is human.



And you know, even being the seasoned farmer that I am, every once in awhile I'll look in her eyes and forget that she is Levi's four legged companion and think she is human too.......but only for a second...........

2 comments:

  1. I do the same with the horses. I find that I have flashes of such awareness of them, I realize that I think they are people, too. And I think we will find that, when all of this earth stuff is over, the flashes were the truth.

    Love the jangle in the room. The quilty jangle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those snuggled up babies and the puppy are just so adorable. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!