Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Making bread...not for the faint of heart.......



Yesterday I had a fabulous day. So fabulous in fact that I decided to make bread. I say "make" bread. Does it count that it is in a machine because all of the ingredients are the same! I just do not stand here for hours kneading and mixing my dough anymore thanks to these lovely folks!

My baby loves to help me make bread too! I realize that hiding under a stool isn't normal protocol for bread making.




It is when you are using one of these babies. Remember......it doesn't whisper.




In fact, as it gets closer like this and the grains are done being ground into flour (which is truly the best way to make bread...freshly ground flour.......) the engine begins to complain really loud.




Which is why when I grind the wheat into flour my baby does this.

4 comments:

  1. I can't blame him! Maybe next time give him ear plugs! LOL Too cute! And congrats on the good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like your mill? I am considering getting one myself. I am exploring wheat free breads (can't have wheat) and grinding my own rice, beans, etc. would be so much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my heck, my 'WHISPER' mill sounds like an airplane....one day i will have a quiet wheat grinder....one day I WILL and then when i make bread the people down the street won't even know i am making bread! won't that be nice??? i am so glad you get to make bread....and you got your supplies from the world's best bread makin' family....love those guys....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. With our old mill, you'd have to evacuate babies and dogs from the house before setting it going. Now, with that Wolfgang mill, I can almost talk on the phone in the same room with it when it's working. But we had to grow up and save a lot of money before we could get one.

    I'm with J under the stool.

    Hey - the magic word on the site for this comment is p-a-r-d-i-g-g-l. Isn't that great?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!