Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Toe "Jam"

This post is inspired and composed for my Sexy Man's uncle who thinks my feet are adorable. He wishes his feet looked just like mine.

Today I'd like to talk about nursery rhymes. I used to know them all. My mother would rock and sing them to me when I was a little girl.



Sniff....I can't help it if my niece hasn't painted my toe nails for me in over a month. I can like..totally see my roots! Sorry...I digress.




This would be "London Bridges".....they are attached to the "fair lady".




Next up for your enjoyment is "Jack and Jill". That is Jack on the left and that there is Jill on the right. They are identical twins.



"And How Do You Do?" One misty, moisty morning, When cloudy was the weather, I chanced to meet an old man clothed all in leather. He began to compliment, and I began to grin, How do you do, and how do you do? And how do you do again?

STOP! I'm getting a charly horse in my feet with all of this "how do you do" and bowing.



"There was a crooked man, And he went a crooked mile, He found a crooked sixpence, Against a crooked stile; He bought a crooked cat, Which caught a crooked mouse, And they all lived together In a little crooked house.

My SM's uncle totally loves my little crooked toe. Have you seen my little crooked toe? If you've seen it you probably dream about it too.



"This is the church, this is the steeple;



Open the doors and see all the people.



Close the doors and hear them pray;



Open the doors and they all run away!




Oh the tragedy! Madam Guillotine! Can you guess what this one is? I'll give you a hint. It involves a certain Mistress Pussy and six little mice and biting off heads....

Bet ya didn't know Mother Goose could be so morbid did ya? Unlike my feet....that are NOT morbid. Only my little crooked toe, that walked a crooked mile...




And my most favorite of all......."There was an old woman who lived in a shoe, She had so many children she didn't know what to do. She gave them some broth without any bread, She whipped them all soundly and put them to bed.

Thank you for spending this time with me "jamming". It's been a pleasure. Stay tuned. Next time we'll have a lesson on Toe "Picks".

6 comments:

  1. My goodness, what a riot!!! This is my favorite post. I can just imagine you in bed taking pictures of your feet. You crack me up.... But, don't forget Diddle diddle dumpling, my son John, went to bed with his trousers on, one shoe off and one shoe on, diddle diddle dumpling my son John. And, here is one for the bed ridden : Elsie Marley's grown so fine, she won't get up to feed the swine, stays in bet till eight or nine, surely she does take her time. Thanks for the good cheer. Wish I could have been there, I would have had a great laugh with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!

    One of my favorites is: "This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy had roast beef, this little piggy had none, and this little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can join me next time Chelle for the "Toe Pick" session. :o)

    Love,

    Elsie Marley who is now ordering her "swine" to clean up their trough's/dishes now that I am awake. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're sooo funny! How do you come up with things like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! Funny little typo I couldn't leave up.

    Take #2

    Now I know what to do next time my kids need some entertainment.

    Thanks for sharing and I like the lighting and compositions of your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!