Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What's a yule log?



This past summer a neighbor of mine was seen out walking with her dog and children. It was at about dusk and as I looked out my kitchen window I thought what a delightful scene they created. As they passed I noticed that the mom seemed to be having convulsions or something. She was looking dead straight ahead but her body seemed to be yanking and pulling on the leash that was attached to her dog.



Poor Brutus was doing what comes naturally and my mortified neighbor was having none of it. She yanked and pulled but the only thing that did was leave an even longer train of evidence......on my sidewalk.

Now, anyone that knows me knows that this resulted in me having fits of laughter as my poor neighbor (who I will not mention because she now swears she is NEVER going to walk that dog ever again she is so embarrassed) fell all over herself apologizing.



No harm done! I had the natives cleaning it up in no time as I continued to giggle and laugh and roll on the lawn while my neighbor continued to promise me her life's riches and services.



I have been waiting for the most opportune time to tease her. I'm sorry..it is just too perfect of an opportunity and you know the demon in me......well.....oportunity has come! Last night for FHE my SM and the natives decided to make some of these. Well, not these exact ones. I stole this photo off of some creative person's blog of whom I do not know and I'm sorry if I've offended you. It's just yours turned out a lot cuter than mine.

As we were rolling out the dough....which is a lovely shade of brown....I looked at my SM and the grin that spread across my face......he knew....he knows me..... Oh yaaaa! So, tonight when my neighbor (who I'm not going to mention her name) gets home from her job working at the local elementary school as the librarian....



She's gonna get this all tied up in purdy ribbon. A beautiful sweet smelling garland to hang on her front door...or across her mantle.....or above her bed.....the possibilities are endless!

5 comments:

  1. LOL....you really ARE wicked! But I LOVE it! You will have to post how the neighbor "took" it. LOL

    Brilliant...but truly wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing! Still laughing! I hope she enjoys her "yule log."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingenious! Ha ha! You might have to hide a video camera to immortalize the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you r horrible rachel!!! I will never look at those the same...or ginger bread cookies

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what I get for getting behind:you turn your back, and the natives run amuck. Ewwww. Yucky. Did she eat it, I wonder? Something about the - I don't know - shape. We have home made ones here - all over the front yard. OUr dogs love to welcome guests with their own version.

    You are AweFUL (or some)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!