Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm Baaaaack!

Did ya miss me? I've had an incredibly busy week last week. I got to hold this baby, and sniff his head, and squeeze his little feet.



So did grandma......







Baby's beautiful mama. My niece. Isn't she lovely? There's nothing like a mama to settle a baby right down. No one does it better.



Until the babies get older and then they want grandpa cuz he gives them ice cream!



Which leads us to.....




This native turning the big 14. The cake looks unimpressive but slapped on a plate with fresh blackberries on top of that cream cheese frosting........mmmmmm.




We were very lucky grandpa could be here to make sure the home made root beer was done to perfection. We only lost about a quarter of it all over the sides and down onto the floor.......the mad engineers hard at work.




This beautiful couple were married and had a reception in my sister's back yard.




It's kinda tradition beings as the groom is my sister's son. My nephew. Did I tell you I am his favorite auntie? I am. Discussion closed.




I was NOT this native's favorite mama when I saw how much dessert she'd piled on her plate and made her share with her baby brother. I have taught her better than this! Never ever EVER pile so much onto one plate. Use AT LEAST two or three so you can tell people you are getting dessert for others!

2 comments:

  1. I have learned from you, sensei. About the plates. I will do as you have taught. In the past, I may have passed over things that could have been in my grasp, if only I had known. And the baby is lovely. And the grandparents are too, and YAY!! The rain didn't fall on the reception, but I bet the chairs were damp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... I'm partial of course... love the baby/mom pictures and GG-parents. Well, your family is so darn cute too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!