Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Nature made me crack!




Two days ago I had an IDIOT DAY! The Natives were all gone except the baby and I was sitting at the kitchen table and it was quiet. Too quiet. I could’t stand the silence so I walked over to my CD player and put in a CD. I wanted calm quiet music so I chose some classical music not thinking much that it was nature classical.

I’m sitting at the table working on a cross stitch when I hear water running. That’s odd. The sink isn’t running. I look at the dishwasher. Did my baby turn it on without me knowing? WHERE IS THE LEAK? Under the cabinets? Where the heck is the water coming from????? Duh! The darned CD. Nature…..classical music. Silly me. So I sit back down and sew some more.

A few minutes goes by and I hear this awful noise! I’m up like a flash to the window, tore open the shutters, (I don’t have shutters) I tore something in the process……..to see who was screeching their tires around corners and down my street. No cars………(at that moment–there have been plenty with all of the stupid construction project sending everyone down our street). I go to sit down and there it is again!

I am seeing RED! Who is driving so darned fast that they are screeching their tires????? There is NO ONE out there!!! The noise happens again! IT’S THE FLIPPIN’ CD. A turkey is gobbling on the thing. It happened to me TWICE!

I turned the stupid thing off. Apparently if I can’t sit and enjoy classical music with NATURE in the background……I’m too tired to remember what I’m listening to…….

Later that evening well after dark and reasonable people are in bed, we’re still up with the natives helping them with their home work. I needed something in my purse. I got what ever it was out, put my purse back on the counter and went on my merry way. All is quiet and then we hear this awful howling! Both the SM and I jump up and run outside to see what is going on. Nothing. Can’t hear a thing! Usually the dogs in the entire city of Provo howl when the sirens go off on the fire trucks and ambulance but……no ambulance or……..howling for that matter anymore.

We walk back inside puzzled to see one of the natives “howling” with laughter at us. When I’d put my purse down it had touched the CD player and hit the play button so the DANGED FLIPPIN’ PIECE OF CRAP OF A CD DID IT TO ME AGAIN! It was wolves howling in the background.

If you take a CD and break it in half you have a really cool shiny ice scraper for your car!

4 comments:

  1. How funny! At least one of the natives didn't turn it on to trick you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, this is what i like to see...at least there is someone in this world that listens to me when i say something....what a relief....

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was really worthy of it's own blog post. that cd would drive me nuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I actually have a CD like that & HATE it! Thanks for the snowscraper idea. lol

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!