Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm a hypocrite!



Yesterday I had a great day so I decided to take all of the apricots that the natives had picked last week and make them into habanero apricot jam and apricot syrup.



Spent several hours and when I was finished I was starving! Got me some lunch, sat down, and it started. The baby natives needed me for this that and the other.



Finally after being interrupted a gazillion times I said to myself, "Grief! If only I could sit down for just one minute"!! WHAT???? You little hypocrite! I hurried right then and there and looked up towards the ceiling and said, "KIDDING"!

P.S. Having fun with aperture. Which of the two bottom photos do you like better and why????

6 comments:

  1. Lying on the couch with the leg up. Max on a walk with the other grandparent and his mom. I actually like the top one. Yes, the background has more detail than you might like, because you've used a smaller aperture (meaning larger number) so that you depth of field is increased, but there's a freshness to the color of the jam that I like, and a bit more translucence on the left side that makes it glow for me. I'm still on valium. Umm.. UUmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bottom one because I love the blurry blurry background. And that stuff looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the bottom one. The subject is the jar of jam and when I look at the top one I see the jam but then my eye wanders away to the black berries......in the bottom one I just see the jam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the top one because there is a background that lets you go back and forth between blackberries and jam. You should frame it and hang it in your kitchen. Do you guys have a plum tree? If not, would you want to trade some plum jam for some apricot jam? (all of our friend's trees got caught in an early freeze and didn't produce this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marseille, the only apricot jam I made was the habanero. The rest I made into syrup. I'm so sorry!! Just a few pints of the habanero.

    Call me though because the people who gave us the apricots are trying to find people that they can give theirs away to! They have a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are ya? I like the top one, it has more light, and I actually like the contrast of the berries in the background...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!