Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Roast pig snout and the big 30!



This is what happens when the SM (Sexy Man, Scout Master) goes food shopping. He finds giant marshmallows that when roasted look like pig snouts and being the Scout Master, thinks it would be loads of fun to roast them in our wood stove.




My baby sis demonstrates. My baby sis is good at demonstrating the finer points of etiquette. Did you know she just had a birthday? She did! She turned the big 30. This photo was taken before her birthday. She's much more mature now that she isn't in her 20's.....as long as we don't get together. Our IQ's drop by the minute when we're together and by evening our husbands treat us like children spanking our bottoms and sending us to bed where we continue to stay up all night giggling and laughing.

This is the baby sis who when Levi was in the hospital, removed her name tag when she got to our room the security had made her put on, put it on her bottom, turned her bum to the security camera in our room, and proceeded to do a bootie dance for the nurses at the nurses station. She figured they were probably bored and could use a laugh.

This is also the same baby sis who at this visit held Levi for me while I went and used the "facilities". As I opened the door into Levi's room he was in the process of throwing up all over my baby sis. I stepped back into the "facilities" and closed the door as my baby sis called me a wimp and took care of the mess.

When I was a teenager and would get scared in the night I would run and jump into my baby sis's bed. She was tough even as a kid and could beat the snot out of any bogey man!

When I was really sick while pregnant with one of the natives my baby sis dropped everything in her college life and came and helped me with the other natives. She is still that way. If I asked her, she'd drop everything and come.

Growing up when we were kids we were mountain climbers scaling the cliffs behind our home or cowboys and indians with really cool names like, "Flying Eagle" or "Running Deer". She was always up for a good prank, playing hide and go seek out in the fields of tall hay, and proud as punch to share a play house with me that we furnished ourselves........the old chicken coop.......No matter that it had dried chicken doo doo on the walls. It was our play house and we spent hours imagining all sorts of adventures in those four walls. Country kids have great immune systems.

My baby sis is the kind of person who despite my best intentions like making her a birthday present that takes me several years to finish still loves me. Happy Birthday sis!!! I'm still working on your present!

"I love you more'n my luggage" (Steel Magnolias)

Love,
Ouiser

3 comments:

  1. Wahoooo! I've never had a tribute before and I didn't even have to die to get it! Thanks hon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to know Sarah better. I am very sorry to have missed the booty dance (how DID I miss that, I wonder?) And if it had been me Levi threw up all over, you'd have had twice the mess to take care of when you came back out. I can, sadly, imagine the two of you shedding I Q points like dandruff, all over the living room. And are those marshmallows SUPPOSED to look like pig snouts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even better Kristen. When you put them in the microwave they look like huge rolls of toilet paper. :) They only look like pig snouts when your roaster stick has two prongs and you stick them both into the marshmallow.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!