Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's for a good cause.



This is my boy Levi. As most of you know, he has a rare disease called Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood. You can read and learn more about it here on this site: AHC Kids and how it effects these children. You can also go here to read how it affects Levi in particular.




Levi is a great kid and has been such a blessing in our lives. Little is known about this disease and without research his neurologists won't be able to cure him and all of the other children this disease effects and eventually takes their lives. Except us. We're going to be the exception of course. :D



A family that we know here in UT has a son named Hunter. Hunter has AHC too. His families blog is here if you'd like to read more about Hunter.

Hunter's family is doing a fundraiser and all the money made will go to the AHC research. If you would like and are able, here is what Hunter's family is doing:

Hi Everyone,
I am doing another fundraiser for the Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood Foundation. All the money goes to research. This is for a very good cause and I am hoping to get your participation. I am selling bracelets like the live strong yellow cancer ones only they are brown. They say Cure AHC and they also have the website ahckids.org on them. They are $5.00 a piece. We only have research if there is money for it. Unfortunately the families with children with AHC are the only resource to raise money so the research can continue. If you can afford at least one bracelet that would help out a bunch. Please let me know if you can help. I already have the bracelets so when I receive money, I can get them right to you. Thanks in advance.

Chrystal


Chrystal Wagner
2312 N. 2400 W.
Lehi, UT 84043

Thank you to all of you for your love and support. Our AHC kids and families thank you!!!

Post Note: Sorry, I did not realize that Hunter's blog is private.

Another post note :) For those wanting to donate please make the checks payable to Chrystal Wagner and send to the address above. THANK YOU!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel,

    You have to be invited to read the blog. Is there anyway to just pay money by paypal or something like that or do you have to send it in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I don't want to buy a bracelet, but I'm really good at online spending. I even have my cc # memorized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rachel, hi there! can i just send a check to the adress given on this page? and if so who so i make the check out to? if not how do i go about it? i just have to say i think you are amazing.you are my hero.even with the challenges you have been given you still smile. please let me know about the bracelets. thanks, shawna caizza crawford

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel,
    You can tell everyone to make the checks out to me-Chrystal Wagner. Unfortunately I don't a paypal account and so the only way to donate through my fundraiser is my mail. Hope that those that are interested will still donate. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel,
    If there is anyone that would like to take a look at my blog please have them email me at-

    chrystal_wagner@yahoo.com

    I would gladly send an invite to them. Thanks so much for posting this on your blog.

    Chrystal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to do it. I'm going to. I promise. I won't require a bracelet, so there will be one more to sell. Don't let me forget, okay? Hickory has a hole in his leg. Oh, mercy. I'm in a little panic at the way the days are speeding by -

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel,
    I read your post on Levi. I had never read it before and didn't realize how different his episodes are to Hunter's. It brought tears to my eyes reading about it. Brings back such emotions in me. I still have those days also. We can only hope that the doctor's eventually find what causes AHC and how to treat and cure it. Take Care,

    Chrystal

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!