Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Counting Sheep

Does it work for you cuz it doesn't seem to be happen'n for me. It goes something like this:

Picture me laying in bed......I'm exhausted.....my body is exhausted......"Oh I am so gonna snog out as soon as my head hits the pillow"!

Waiting.......eyes roll to the left....eyes roll to the right.....crickets in the back ground.......maybe if I close my eyes.......eyelids are bouncing around as my eyeballs roll around in my head........."Oh I know! Let's count sheep! I hear it works".

"One.....two......three......four.....rhymes with door.....the doors that I forgot to clean the sticky jam off of.......the front door is really bad.......not as bad as the porch.......it's covered in squash.....wish someone one would come and steal the squash off my porch........now that we've had a frost......all of my dead plants on my porch look like everyone elses.....wish someone would steal the squash off my front porch.....knock it off, think of sheep.........five......six......seven........I think baby sheepies are so cute......all snuggled up in the grass........grass.......ours hasn't been cut in a long time.......bet the neighbors are wishing we'd just move.......need to tell the Natives to get out there and cut the grass......and dog poop.......that is so gross when you rake leaves and rake up dog bombs.......but not as sick as when I stepped in that dog bomb the other day in my bare feet.......it squished between my toes......shudder......THAT WAS VILE!.......great.....now I'm all riled up thinking about stepping in dog bombs.......sheep woman! Sheep!........cant remember where I left off.......one.......two.......three.......four.....rhymes with snore......The SM is snoring.....that is just so typical.......he can fall right asleep when his head hits the pillow........I wonder if he'll stay asleep if I put my face close to his and stare........I hate it when The Natives do that to me........why can't they come in yelling........they always come in on tip toe.........sneak over to my side of the bed.......lean their faces two inches from mine.......and then....just stare.....and breathe.........creeps me out........that book I just read was creepy......now I'm creeped out.......I hate being awake and creeped out......wish I could sleep.....dang sheep!

Maybe tomorrow night I'll try counting chickens. They haven't hatched yet, think that'll be a problem?

11 comments:

  1. Oy, yeah. You're singing to the choir. If we weren't so tired, we could call each other and talk for hours. It's called stream of consciousness, but actually it's the dam of unconsciousness, and it's not fair and it's rotten, and it's not even entertaining. That's when I get up and do the treadmill. But that's not for you. Not yet . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very, very true. So my yard has dog poop AND feathers all over it. Michael thought the dog needed a feather pillow to sleep on. The dog came up with a better use for the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so me sometimes. So tired and so unable to snooze. I lie there and think about how I'm going to try to make a little extra money by selling old clothes on ebay, and how that's going to work and how I'm going to get things done tomorrow, blah blah blah. Drives me nuts. It's really bad when I start thinking about dog poop though. BLECK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well isn't that the truth?!? When your body is totally exhausted your mind goes 90 mph. Frustrating to say the least.
    Have a nap today before the natives come home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so that was fun...we got to be inside your head for a minute! ha ha...brave girl...i wouldn't let ANYONE inside my head....it was comforting to read your rambling thoughts though...they do resemble mine...okay, fine, they are exactly (almost...) the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same problem last night. What a pain! I was going through the things I need to do over the next couple of days. I kept trying to turn it off. It didn't work.

    It makes it extra hard to get up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen, it isn't fair and you are just plumb crazy for getting up and doing the treadmill at all hours!

    Kathy, why am I not surprised. :) Michael and his "good intentions". You need to teach your dog how to clean up after himself like Julie! :D

    Ginna, dog poop truly is the worst.

    Natalie, no nap today.....darn it. It's a nice thought though.

    Misty, you stepped in dog poo too????? And it squished between your toes! That is totally GROSS!

    Chastina, it does make it hard the next day. You feel like you've been up all night working.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The next time you can't sleep try hitting yourself in the head with a large, blunt (preferably heavy) object...or, even better, have someone else do it.

    It works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr. Z, I have found that when I can't sleep it brings me more satisfaction to go around and hit everyone else on the head with a heavy blunt object. You should try it next time. It doesn't necessarily put you to sleep but you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!