Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Mondays......what a crock!




I have decided to try something new here in this household. I have decided to make Monday's crocky potty days.

I don't know about you but it seems like Mondays are filled with everything under the sun that somehow was put off during the weekend and somehow I'm supposed to get dinner in there at a decent hour........never happens......and all the while as the Natives are shoveling grub into their faces I am chanting "faster faster faster SHOVEL FASTER" because we still have this thing called "Family Home Evening" that we do and the clock is ticking, ticking, ticking......getting later...later..later....and we NEVER make it to bed at a decent hour on Mondays!

I think I just blew something typing that last paragraph.....



Now that it is Fall and this Native thinks he wants to try wrastlin'......yea......practices fall on what afternoon?........Just one more thing to do in a day SO!

Crocky Potty Monday starts here and now and hopefully won't officially end here and now. Please see this through Rachel. If there is one thing you can see through.....let it be this? Hush! This is my blog! I can't type with all this racket going on in my head.

Obviously I can't tell you what we think of the meal until TUESDAY cuz....we'll be eating on Monday but......this is a work in progress okay?? Here's the deal Sparky! I am going to let The Natives take turns choosing what it is we are going to be making. We'll cook it up in the crocky potty on Monday and give you our reviews and recipe on Tuesday. How's that sound? "This is gonna be good I can tell"! (Why am I still stuck on Nemo....)

As for this past week and being "Gone with the Flu". Scarlett is happy to announce that she has made it through once again and as for the flu, if she never see's it again.......quite frankly she doesn't give a darn........

12 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you're doing better--you poor thing. What a bummer to have the flu--and everything else that came with it, just for lucky old you.

    I would love to hear your crocky recipes. I love using that thing, but I don't have a lot of recipes that I like. So cook on, and improve our dinners as you do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for your recipes too. We are always looking for something easy to do for dinner and my kids will appreciate the fact your kids get to be the "guinea pigs". Ha Ha!
    Glad you are feeling more up and about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made two new crock pot recipes last week. A chili and a pork chop...both in which Tyler liked!! I had a few failed attemps as well but I guess we win some and lose some. Let me know if you want either of those recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crock pot food! Yummy! I can't wait to hear what you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pass on the recipes. Made a bunch and the most common comment is, "Bbbblllaaaahhh."

    The juices are flowing in your neck of the woods -- sure sign you are at least semi-prone and not full. Glad to have you back. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginna, thanks for the encouraging words both towards health and cooking. I'll do my best and we'll see what happens. With The Natives choosing the meals....it could get REALLY interesting. :D

    Natalie, Oh my kids love being guinea pigs. Really. Truly. They are always so stoked! :) Matthew can give your boys the real scoop excepting Matthew is "thee worst". Picky picky picky eater....the punk!

    Alex, YES. Share away. I'm sure we'll have some failed attempts to share as well. That's part of the fun right? Okay...not really but....it's part of it.

    Chastina, I love crock pot food too and used to do it a lot. Not sure why I got away from it.

    Virginia, I'm not sure I'll be cooking food bland enough for your kids. :) but I'll do my best. I am doing better. Thankfully the dinner Brennan picked for this evening is SIMPLE. Just a few ingredients which I had. I thought I was doing better than I am. If it had required more effort I'd have thrown a box of mac. and cheese in the crock pot and called it a day. I love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel,
    Glad that you are feeling better. I have a few good crock pot recipes if you would like them. I am excited to see what you come up with and maybe be able to use them. Good Luck!

    Chrystal

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm obsessed with my crockpot. There is this blog that I love where the blogger is obsessed with crockpots too. Maybe you have heard of it. the address is: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ She used her crockpot every day in 2008 and she had 365 recipes to show for it. There are some fun recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that life is somewhat better...perhaps you'd best start skipping Mondays and shoot straight to Tuesdays, might just help save some sanity.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chrystal, thank you. I'm glad I'm feeling better too! Yes, please do send recipes.

    Margaret, I have heard of that site and have used some of her recipes. It's a very good site.

    Mr.Z, I'm with you. Let's just skip to Tuesdays. I'm all for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So? This means you are no longer languishing in bed, moaning and hurting and generally having a fairly warped view of everything? Want to go riding? Uh-huh. Thought so. Tell me when I can brave the house. It should be before the weekend when my life comes to a screeching halt. I don't want your recipes, you show off; it would just be another thing I'm obligated to copy you in (copy you in???). These days, it counts as a meal when I carve a hunk of cheese off the block and daintily nibble it away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristen, not languishing in bed no more. Not doing any dancing either but....did you mention riding??? I could do that I'm sure! :D I like to eat cream cheese daintily too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!