Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Men. Translation: Boys in bigger bodies

A recipe for little boys and bigger boys:



Ingredients: A little boy who thinks staying in his jammies all day is the norm and a work apron from Home Depot.




Left over peanut butter and jelly on the face of the little boy.




Left over pieces from the gazillion pine wood derby cars your dad and mum have made over the years and might I just add this one little side note......The Mum beat The SM's car the year she made one.......just thought I'd add that....you know...just in case you were wondering.




The final ingredient: A daddy who has the day off of work and comes up with a grand idea to take the fan out of your bedroom and make a wind car with his little boy......I'm trying to figure out who in this photo is the bigger kid......

9 comments:

  1. lol! BOYS!!!! love that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that it matters. It's just BOYS! But what fun memories for the both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the grin on your men in the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misty, I love that last photo too. I'm not sure who's grin is bigger.

    Diana, Boys will be boys and The SM is good at making great memories with his boys.

    Chastina, I do too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I think I need to get Richard to wear my apron. I t is a good look on a guy- if you don't mind me saying.
    Tell Brian if he wants another ceiling fan for another car, I have the ugliest green one in my bedroom I would be happy to get rid of. It was supposed to be one of the 1st things to be replaced and 3 1/2 yrs later it is still there. Every morning I open my eyes, see it, and want to take a sledge hammer to it.
    I think a car would be a much better use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Natalie, I had a light fixture in my bedroom that I couldn't take anymore and so replaced it with a ceiling fan. I told Brian I was not going to wake up one more day to a big "boob" over my head. That is what it looked like to me.

    Brian was wearing the apron because Jadon pitched such a fit and didn't want to wear his but I wouldn't let him paint his car without an apron on so Brian put on mine trying to see if Jadon would then put his on. After many fits and tears Jadon finally did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's why they invented pajama day at school...for all of us who can't 'fake sick' and bail.

    Looks like a fun, enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr. Z, when you are a stay at home mom everyday can be pajama day. :) The only catch is the one day you do decide to spend in your pajamas, that is when everyone you haven't seen in years decides to drip in unannounced and visit, the schools call because one of your chidren has thrown up and you need to come NOW, and when you open your fridge to get something you realize that you are out of milk and have to go to the grocery store.

    Jody, yes time does fly doesn't it. I thought it was darling watching those two "working" together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That SM - the way he loves his kids. It makes me love him, darn it. A wind car. Coolest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!