Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Crackpot Tuesdays

The eldest native made his choice and he chose Teriyaki Sandwiches.

Thankfully this is a recipe that is already typed up for you all nice and purdy like and even has a mouthwatering photo to adorn itself. I love the internet!

When I thought of this crackpot idea I seriously envisioned myself bouncing out of bed on Monday and back at it. Positive thoughts are half the battle right?

Boy was I glad that the eldest chose this recipe because anything more difficult and I'd have thrown a box of mac. and cheese in the crack pot and then wondered why after sitting there for hours it was still a box........

Very simple to make. Seriously the hardest part is mincing the garlic and hey! I've been known a time or two to skip that part and just throw in some ground up powdered garlic.

I didn't have any gr. onions so we used chives that are amazingly still alive in our poorly neglected garden and pineapple chunks. We decided that crushed pineapple or pineapple rings would be better. The Chunks are too big and kept falling out.

The Natives declared it a unanimous vote. The sandwiches are messy but they are five stars!

And for your viewing pleasure......a few things that have been going on around here since I've been down..........



Adding some more rows to this......




Starting this for my baby girl.........




Starting on these for my niece which are actually going to go to another niece cuz....there was a problem with the pattern....that's my story and I'm sticking to it!.......I'll tell more another day when I actually get them finished and show you the end result........





And much growing and hopping around of these!

11 comments:

  1. I am making that tonight! I better go get it started right now! Except I will have to do chicken because that's what I have in my freezer... Hopefully it turns out as good!

    Ok, you teach me to knit and I will teach you to crochet! You can make so many more things with knitting needles but crocheting is much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrilyne, funny you should mention chicken because I was thinking that this morning after I sent this that it would taste just as good with chicken if you prefer or have chicken instead of beef.

    You're on! It's a deal let the knit/crochet freaks begin! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. all bunnies lived??? So cute...all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So can I join the knitting/crochet club? I don't know either, so I can't bring any knowledge to the group, but I can bring treats!
    Rach, The sandwhiches sound yummy & Matthew is the perfect guinea pig because I have 2 very picky eaters! If not for peanut butter Dallin would not be alive today. The projects are coming along well and the bunnies are adorable! Maybe I can talk Richard into getting rid of the cat and getting a bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks yummy!

    I've got a girl who is begging me to learn how to knit or crochet and teach her. Maybe we can join your club?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to learn to knit. Where did you learn?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex, sniffle, sob......no. Only two. But it is two more than last time! :D

    Natalie, I'm thinkin' you're onto something. Anyone who is willing to bring treats can come to any club we come up with. I don't care what the club is.....as long as there is treats.

    Chastina, I took Kirsten to Heindsman's on center street and they sat there as if they had all the time in the world with her teaching her how to knit. They are truly the best!

    Mae Mae, I learned at Heindsman's here on center st. in Provo. Come visit!!! I'll teach ya. :D Besides, Levi needs some Mae Mae lovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops I almost left without making a comment. I think I could probably handle that recipe - if I managed to have all the ingredients. I like your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So what happens when one of 'The Natives' asks for Hasenpfeffer for dinner? Is that enough to feed your whole brood?

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDe8fTgVUZw

    I should have added this with my post...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, yes indeed. There are many things I could make easily....if I had all the ingredients. :)

    Mr. Z, you are TERRIBLE! LOL! I am a Bugs B. fan. I knew what you were talking about and it sent me to giggling. There is a big rule in this house. When Mr. C is around (the keeper of the bunnies) we don't talk about or make jokes about dishes like Hasenpfeffer because if we do.....then really nasty dirty looks are shot our way and we are told that we are all sorts of unsavorable characters and our good names are brought into question.

    Now seriously, after looking at that cute little fluff ball you have to admit it is adorable!!! Bet even you couldn't bring yourself to bring it any harm and make it into a pair of slippers....not that they'd make nice slippers....I swear the thought never crossed my mind! Dang.....I swore again.....

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!