Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Excuse me. There's been a mistake. I ordered "order" and you gave me "chaos".



Halloween parties at school, last minute touches on costumes, The Natives are literally bouncing off the walls.



This morning as I got six of the seven Natives all into their costumes it was a flurry of chaos and bedlam. Each one wanted me to help them with their costume right now and at one point The SM asked me how in the world a few of them were going to use the bathroom through out the day.......I told him that was their problem. My job was to get them into their costumes and out the door. I'd done my part and more than my fair share. Seven kids.....seven costumes......I used to like Halloween.

All of The Natives (except for the baby) were finally all put together and off to school. I collapsed onto the couch ready to put up my feet and enjoy a cup of steaming hot cocoa when the doorbell rings.......it is my neighbor across the street. She'd passed my baby girl on the way to school. My baby girl who with big round eyes and a look of horror on her face told my neighbor she'd forgotten her homework at home........could I bring it?



I looked down. Me.....in my flannel jammies......hair flying this way and that......morning breath.........nothing new. I've graced the school halls looking thus. I ran around the house searching. Searching for my baby girls home work which I'd seen her working so hard on all week. Is it in her cubby where it should be? Nope. Is it in the kitchen on one of the counters? Nope. Is it up in her room? Heaven forbid if it is.......can't even get her door open to see. I enter her room finally only I can't see the carpet let alone her home work. I start to move piles of clothes, toys, garbage, unmentionables around looking for her homework. Under the bed......on dressers......on her bed.....between the bed and the wall.......in the toy box......under the toy box (which doesn't hold any toys by the way because they are all over the floor) and all I can think is, "If this girl would just learn to be orderly! Everything has its place! Why in the world can't she put things away!" I just want ORDER!!!!!



Guess I should have thought of that before I had so many punks. Speaking of punks....my oldest went as a punk cowboy..... how's that for an oxymoron?





I love duct tape. It's great for making pointy steel toed cowboy boots, sticking a big ol' belt buckle made out of cardboard and tinfoil to your belt.....sticking home work to my daughters forehead........

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I think I wet myself laughing so hard at the pictures of Brennan. Awesome. Tell him he did his auntie proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a man! i can just picture his swagger...

    tell your baby girl i said it was probably one of her brother's fault her homework got lost! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. Brennan. Not sure exactly where you're going to stand in line with that mix of styles. Just don't be kickin' any horses with those books of yours; you could find yourself with metal shoes of another sort sortin'' out your backside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a punked out punk! Nice. I can't wait to see the others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, awesome isn't it? Next year, it's Napoleon baby all the way!!!

    Chastina, he came up with that one all by hiz little ol' self.

    Misty, she later found her home work.....in her back pack.....she had it all along.

    Kristen, no joke! We were going to make some pretty jacked up spurs but points out of both ends of the boots.....makes for a difficult swagger. :D

    Ginna, I'll get photos of the rest tomorrow. I've got most but not the baby. He's still trying on costumes trying to decide what he wants to be. The priviledge of being the youngest and a huge box of hand me down costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with ya. It is going to take another week and a miracle for my house to recover from this week! Running from one place to another- leaves no time for housekeeping. That's ok- Halloween is so worth it.
    I still marvel at you- 7 costumes and to school on time. You rock, Rachel.
    I bet Brennan was the most handsome punk cowboy at school today. Love the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie, Out of all of the holidays Halloween trashes my house the most. I don't even bother until after Halloween and all costumes are put away. Until then it is mayhem from wall to wall. Last night it was pumpkin guts all over the kitchen. :)

    Jody, no that is my oldest son. The SM (Sexy Scout Master) is my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least if you'd have found and brought her homework in dressed as you were, you'd have 'blended' right in on Halloween, right?

    The bad breath would just have been a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dunno Mr. Z. You would think but yesterday when I went to the "Marts" dressed in my witch get up I got the biggest kick out of peoples reactions. They couldn't look me in the eye...just kind of out of the corner of their eye and would smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emma, you should have seen it when I first did it. I didn't know if you put too much in it runs.....I have bright purple drip splotches on my front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jody, LOL! Kind of like Thing 1 and Thing 2?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!