Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Total Randomness

First of all, I would like to thank so many of you who offered me the use of your credit cards yesterday. I almost took all of you up on it. I figured if I spent fifty dollars on one......fifty dollars on another....and so forth, none of you would even notice! The SM put a stop to all of my plans by giving me one of his credit cards he uses when he travels. I should be grateful because now Levi's diapers are well on their way from Alaska but quite frankly you all told me I could buy what ever necessities I needed on yours! And I had a lot of necessities I was planning on purchasing that The SM won't let me get on his card. I feel so misunderstood sometimes......

Second, remember this friend of mine? He doesn't know he's my friend, in fact, he doesn't know me at all but, "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy." Sorry.......I digress. Any way, I haven't seen my friend out and about all winter and guess what? He was out and about yesterday in his orange vest and it made me smile to see him. I felt like I'd seen a spring flower after a long cold grey winter. A masculine flower of course.

Third, I'm fighting with a plunger today. Feelings want to over flow but I'm madly taking a plunger and plunging them down only here's the problem. I've spent all my life building walls and shoving the emotions down and I thought it probably would be healthy if I acknowledged emotions and let them flow.......in a healthy way ya know? Excepting today, the emotions are over self pitty and feelings of self worth that aren't all that high at the moment so those emotions should be plunged and shoved right back where they come from right? It solves nothing. Repeat after me: I am of worth......I am of worth........regardless of the fact that I do nothing all day and everyone in this what used to be an immaculate run like clock work household is falling to pieces because I sit and do nothing all day and everyone else is running ragged to try and do everything.....except for me.......yeah. Totally taking a plunger and fighting....yet again.......Having a chronic illness sucks. Can I say that? Washing mouth out with soap now.......

Fourth, My baby girl hates oatmeal. So much so that she missed two days of school last week because she refused to eat her breakfast so sat there staring at it all day. Yesterday, her teacher gave the kids a spelling test.

Teacher: This word is for Miss K. The word is, oatmeal. Oatmeal is yummy for breakfast especially on a cold winter morning.

Miss K: (rolls her eyes) It is NOT!

(several words later)

Teacher: Groans

Miss K's friend: Miss K groans when her mom makes oatmeal for breakfast!


Fifth, I am learning to knit socks. I have decided and therefore make it mandatory that socks have holes in them.

Sixth, I was going to buy chickens this year so I could have fresh eggs everyday but I just noticed that my neighbor bought some. I'm going to tell her that when she goes out to get her eggs every morning and the nests are empty, not to be alarmed. This is normal and to keep feeding her chickens....and cleaning up after them.

Seventh, My baby can't say strawberry. He says, "I want strawbelly jam on my bwead." I hope he doesn't ever learn to say strawberry.

Eighth, Washing my sheets and hanging them out to dry on the clothes line is one of my very favorite things in the world. Well, not the washing and hanging part. The part where I slip between the sheets at the end of the day and I can smell their fresh crips goodness. I'm ready for spring.

Ninth, The SM is working from home today. I love it when The SM works from home. I'm gonna go and bug him now and make him tell me how me not contributing to our household is still contributing. I make him do this from time to time. It's good for him to be reminded of my purpose and self worth.

23 comments:

  1. Okay, I just wrote you a whole comment the length of a blog post and it was all of my randomness for today so I decided to just start over and say that I could relate to so much of what you said and that's it because if I left that other comment on here I'd feel like I needed to pay you for using up your comment space and this has to be the longest run-on sentence I have ever written.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerb, Post it!! I want to read it. I NEED to read it! And that was the most fabulous run on sentence I've read in a long time. I'm glad you ran on. More please? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has a chronic illness and I've heard her say much the same as you...except, now there are no kids at home. I say the same things as you...except, I don't have a chronic illness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off this morning and I get home to find stacks of laundry waiting to be done and stacks to put away, dishes filling the sink, floors in desperate need of vacuuming, and a bathroom that even my boys are afraid to "go" in. And that is just the house stuff I need to do. Overwhelming. And all I want to do is have a nap.
    But I just ate a fortune cookie and guess what the fortune said, "You will accomplish more later if you take some time for yourself now." That's what you are doing! Just taking time for yourself now, so you can accomplish more later. So I am going to do the same and go watch me a little P&P with Colin Firth in a wet shirt!

    Who said you can't find wisdom in a cookie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ready for this inversion to be gone! I looked out the window and what did I see? No popcorn yet. I'm still waiting. Although yesterday I noticed a little green coming through the soil of my flower bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyndee, Seriously? That makes me feel a whole ton better. It really does. I'm so glad you told me that!

    Natalie, Next time you take time for yourself call me. I like the view from your couch! ;)

    Jody, It does stink doesn't it? If I didn't have so many things that I'd like to do and need to do it wouldn't be so bad. I should have been born back in the Edwardian days when maids did everything. Then I'm sure my life would have been better..except for the corsets...and the hose...and the petticoats....and.....maybe I just need to be grateful for flannel jammies.

    Chastina, I saw that too! I've some tulips that are poking their heads up. There's hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel,

    This is Kerry. I work at Amelia and on Tuesday mornings I greet your adorable "natives" at the cross walk. I especially like the native with the cool shades! Anyway, your "orange vested" friend is my step brother. Your posts about him touched me and I just want to say that he's an amazing guy who has truly helped us all see the world in a better light through his "golden" eyes. :) That is one of the reasons I love your Levi! I love your family and your great approach to life. Keep inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kerry! I'm so glad you posted!!! Oh I am so excited to have a connection to my 'friend'. Please tell me all about your brother. I look for him everyday and I kid you not, when I find him, he puts a huge grin on my face.

    Wow! The connections we all make are so interesting to me. We all rotate in much smaller circles than we realize. I will look for you on Tuesdays. :D I see you, I just didn't 'know' you. :D Now I've a name to put with the face. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natalie--I took a nap today. I was OUT! Colin Firth in a wet t-shirt? I have many jokes running through my head. I'll keep them there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel, You got it! Do you think the Wolves would like P&P?

    Lyndee, Lucky you. I should keep my comments in my head. I even sent Rachel an e-mail to apologize. Have you never seen A&E's version of Pride & Predjudice? A young Colin Firth in a wet shirt...Yep, the best improv they could've made in that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. See? There I go again...

    Rachel, I apologize. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe that - wait, I didn't check the time on this blog entry. Aha. Yes, that makes sense. You posted this BEFORE I dumped all over your living room. Your self worth certainly must have soared after that little episode. Especially because it was two of us shoveling our woes - while you, the woman whose foot fit the slipper, got to sit there and be loving and concerned and completely satisfied with her own life.

    So there. Put a sock in it. HAHAHAH. That was a joke. And somebody gave you the coolest Valentine ever -

    ReplyDelete
  13. And besides, I don't have an official chronic illness (does inability to focus on cleaning count?) and my house pretty well matches yours. Outdoes it, actually. And the kids are gone. Does that say something to you? How cool that Kerry wrote!! What a lovely post. And Natalie - I knew exactly what you were talking about. But I still wonder if you should be admitting this out loud. I mean, what if your own man pitifully shows up in a wet shirt tonight? He could get pneumonia, all because you're chasing after fake Victorians who probably ended up smelling like pond scum after that little swim.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Natalie, Aren't there requirements for culture? Learning the arts?

    Apolgize for what? :D

    Kristen, I did get the coolest Valentine ever! You can shovel as much as you'd like.

    And Natalie, don't listen to Kristen. CF would make pond scum smell good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Natalie, our husbands coming to us in wet shirts? I'm for it! :D

    Oh great.......there I go being incorrigible again.......I can see Kristen shaking her head at me wondering what in the world is to become of me. :D I do try Kristen. I promise! It's just......

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll finish your sentence, Rachel.
    Its just that she has a friend like me that's a bad influence.

    Kristen, If my hubby left from work tonight in a wet shirt I doubt he would get pneumonia since he is in Tucson. He would probably welcome the coolness. Plus I'm not chasing- just admiring. And I know I shouldn't admit these things outloud, but you know what? In your own little 'round about way, you admitted it too! I feel so much better aout myself now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rachel, I'm sorry I forgot...Yes, there are definitely arts & culture requirements! I bet we could get them to watch anything we wanted if we have enough treats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Natalie, Next week!! I bring the treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will definately tell her not to worry! and i actually like feeding the chickens- cleaning up after them, not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hanna, Thank you! It will be our little secret. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Since I haven't read your blog for a while, I'm reading backwards. After reading the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon, your first paragraph - especially the last sentence - sounded very Calvin-like. Then you started talking about a special orange friend. Hmmm.

    I hope Hanna wasn't reading all these comments!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kathy, You're right. Hanna! Don't read this post or comments. Natalie is A very bad influence.

    ReplyDelete
  23. See Rachel! Even Kathy disapproves!

    It was a bad day everyone. I was in rare form and I will tape my fingers together so I will not be able to type the next time it happens. I can also delete my comments too, if it would help.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!