Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Any one know where I can find a firm hand 'round these parts?




Very bad lighting with this photo but the point of this post is still clear. Since we are potty training Levi (and it is going quite well might I add) he has had some oopses along the way and the couch cushions have been in the direct line of fire. It comes with the territory and I'm an easy going gal. No problem, no worries, we'll just scrub em real good in the bath tub.




Now, I know that things around here haven't been normal with me being sick and all but I still like to think we're not living in squalor so that is why I was totally grossed out when I saw all of the dirt coming out of my couch cushions. Can you see it there in the bottom of the tub?



Then, I had to go and do something really really stupid and I looked up! Never ever ever look up where showers and tubs are concerned. Does everybody else have this ring of gunk around their tub or is it only me?? Don't answer that unless yours looks like mine or I'll have to hurt you.




I like pretty things. I want ugly dirty things to go away so I'm going to close and lock the bathroom door and never look at it again and just stare at this flower in my yard and if the natives come crying to me about not being able to get into their bathroom then I am going to lecture them and tell them these are the consequences for having such a filthy bathroom. I should not have to live under such conditions. Being a parent is difficult. One must remember to be firm and steadfast or all heck will break loose and the natives will be running amok and next thing I know I'll have dirty laundry piled all over the laundry room, beds unmade, dust so thick you have to use a pocket knife to carve your name in it........and.....and.......THAT'S IT! Who's in charge around here!

I swear you turn your back for just three years and the natives think they can get away with anything. I won't have it I tell you. I won't stand another minute! I'm going to make them wish they'd never stopped scrubbing. I'm going to make them wish they'd not stopped cleaning in their sleep. I will not tolerate slothfulness. I am going to whip the natives into shape just as soon as I am done eating this lovely milk chocolate bar from Trader Joe's for breakfast that Ginna just brought to me in one of these AWESOME BAGS this morning.

4 comments:

  1. Cool bag! I want one, or two, or three! It is my birthday in a few days yah know. The big 3-0. Come to think of it. Get me three and fill em' with the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya ol' wind bag! You don't need anymore bags Sarah!! :D

    You're getting cross stitch ya idgit so stop yur complain'.

    Here, cuz I'm nice I'll wrap your cross stitch in "Recht wrapping paper". Would you like paper or plastic? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's better than chocolate for breakfast? Nothing I say. When I look at my bathroom and see dirt I just go eat chocolate too. Then I don't care about anything anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just fine in my house till I know somebody else is coming to it- and then I start to straighten up, and then I begin to see - to SEE - what an underlying filthy mess of dust and and stuff is all over everything. Holy cats, the cobwebs and the bathroom grimy edges and - how did I ever get this much stuff in the first place and what about everything in its place when there's no place to put it?

    Chocolate and a good strong dead bolt lock are the only answers.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!