Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bloom!



Yesterday when I was moaning and whining and carrying on I had some interesting thoughts of this photo I'd taken.

I like it. I like it a lot. You can look at it two ways. Either you can look at all of the weeds that are growing and taking over the flower bed choking the few flowers that braved the winter and came back this year OR.......and I prefer to look at it this way, despite all of the weeds that threaten to take over this little flower it is alive and blooming!

I may have my moments of self pity from time to time. I'm human like everyone else but this is a life for living and blooming. No matter what our circumstances.

Bunny update: Poor Eva. Any of you that have gone over your due date can understand and relate. It's a difficult thing so to help distract her we've all sorts of lovely things planned for this week........like donuts for breakfast! After that we're going to take her on a long walk, feed her Castor oil and cayenne pepper, take her on another walk, have her walk several flights of stairs, make her drink even more Castor oil and feed her pizza, have her jump on the neighbors trampoline for awhile.........we're here to support Eva and help her in anyway that we can. Even if it means eating donuts and pizza.

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I think a long walk in over the knee snow was helped ME the first time. I think it's wonderful that you are so willing to support her. It's a crucial time in a young rabbit's life, and you're starting her out right. Oh, and I love the metaphor - it's like you turned the picture into the optical illusion of the book - open or on its back? Nicely turned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, from a distance it ALL looks green. That's better than other options. That's why the weeds in my front yard get so big EVERY year. When they first start growing they look kind of nice, because they are GREEN. Then all of a sudden they are out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what you're saying Kathy is if you look at my yard from a distance and drive by really fast it will look GREAT! :D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!