Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Grandma's Buttons



I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamt that the SM and I had inherited this old house. It was more like a one room huge cardboard box but it was very old and was given to us.




On the far side of the room was a dormer window and in that dormer were shelves upon shelves and on those shelves were little boxes. Hundreds of them. Old and dusty. They looked like check boxes. About that size.


I went over and opened up one of the boxes and it was full of money. Dollar bills, five dollar bills, tens, twenties.......I couldn't believe my eyes! I opened more boxes and they were all full of money. As I sat there looking at all of the money the wind started to blow and the sides of the house started to cave in. The SM stood against the cardboard wall next to me so it wouldn't fall on me and we talked about the money and how it wasn't ours and we needed to find who it belonged to.

The End!

Now that I'm awake I'm really irritated. Hello! I had skads of money and I wanted to find who it belonged to??





When my grandmother passed away and it was time to clean out her house my parents and sister found money stashed all over. Coins in little purses behind books, in drawers, crannies and nooks. Grandma knew what it was like to go without. She knew what it was like to survive the Great Depression so she saved everything. One of the many things she saved were buttons. She would cut buttons off of clothing when the clothing was no longer wearable.

I have grandma's buttons now and like my babies I like to look through them every once in awhile. When ever I use one of them I think of grandma and I thank her for saving her buttons and, "Look grandma! Look what I made with your buttons"!

The End!

Or is it........Oh hey! Maybe there's a message in this dream I had! Ya! Maybe I'm supposed to take Grandma's buttons and sell them on e-bay. Vintage buttons will make me tons of money and I'll hide the money in card board boxes and.........then I need to bury them so they don't get blown away!

YES! If you see me out digging in my yard in the middle of the night........go back to bed. It's nothing. I'm just irrigating....or turning over the compost.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!