Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

HA! There's more than one way to skin a cat!!

Not that I mind cats and all. I am a cat lover but today since blogger is yet again not letting me upload video I got all clever and tried something else. I went and uploaded the videos at youtube and then embedded them. I'd feel really smart if I'd have thought of the idea yesterday but since I didn't.....I feel only half brilliant today!



Here we have Miss K playing "Spirit of the Stallion" by Gutierrez



The two best best friends. Aren't they adorable? They like to think they are twins. They are playing, "I Love to See the Temple" by Janice Kapp Perry arranged by their fabulous piano teacher Mike Carson and "The Crickets Came to Dance" by Kunitz



Next up is Mr. M playing, "The Night Horseman" by Bober and "Clowning Around" by Wilburn. Very appropriate don't you think?



Mr. T. delights us with "Evening in the Meadow" by Hudelson. He plays this SO well. Just beautiful. And, "Bagatelle" by Diabelli



Mr. C is playing, "Puck" by Grieg, "Sundown" by Brooks-Turner, and "The Entertainer" by Joplin



Mr. B is playing "Coconuts!" by Sallee, "Ivan Sings" by Khachaturian, and "The Rain Must Fall" by Yanni



And the GRAND FINALE!!! The ENCORE!! The fabulous five on two! They played this at the beginning of the recital and then at the end! Mr. C let me in on a secret. He said the first time he started head banging in this last piece he hit his head on the piano. :) He takes after his mother in that regard..........

15 comments:

  1. All of the videos are private so I can not watch them. Are you doing this on purpose? Killing me with anticipation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? On my blog hey won't come up????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Videos are working now... That's a lot of talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT WAS FABULOUS!!! Worth the effort Rachel...very very fun to watch! Tell the kids I LOVED IT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Mike Carson dumped us for THIS?????

    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH (sob)

    More specific comments later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great reminder of a fantastic performance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful. Can I make a request? I want to hear Maple Leaf Rag. It's my favorite rag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a great bunch of future Bach or RubowRachmaninoff's...they were smiling so I would say the group was pleased with their own concert. I would have to say it was a Rubow Concert Hall. They all played so beautiful. I closed my eyes and thought that I was there. Great job you budding church players..can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gerb, I'm glad you were finally able to watch.

    Misty, I will pass on your compliments and I'm glad it was worth the effort because I am now bald. Well, almost.

    Chastina, I won't let it go to their heads. ;)

    Kristen, Yes he did!!! And I consider your loss my blessing and miracle. :D Only because you still love me.

    Uncle Rush, Again. Thank you for coming. It meant a lot! I mean it.

    Kathy, Ask Mr. C. He seems to enjoy playing those types.

    Mom, We can't wait to see you either. We wished you were able to come but are glad you enjoyed the "Rubow Concert" via technology that I am so glad is in place. Helps shorten the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! They have some SERIOUS talent!! I LOVED IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emma, Boys playing the piano. Totally sexy right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all so good! It is 10:30 p.m. and I'm half-tempted to pull my kids out of bed so they can watch and learn.

    Tell me your practicing secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa, LOL! I had a dream last night that I was at my next door neighbors house and all of a sudden, her piano started playing on its own. I was horrified because I realized that it was my piano in my house being played by my kids making her piano vibrate sounding like it was being played. I told her I was so sorry because I knew it started at 6:30 in the morning and went until all hours at night! What a terrible neighbor!!! :D

    It's just part of the daily routine. One of their chores.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!