Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, February 12, 2010

It's his destiny!

(Names have been changed to protect the innocent)

Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Goldilocks. She lived with The Six Dwarfs in a little cottage on the outskirts of town.

One of the Six Dwarfs was named Happy because he was always.....well......happy! Happy had special needs and Goldilocks and the rest of the Dwarfs were very sensitive to Happy and his needs.

One day, Goldilocks came home from school and showed Momma Bear a present she'd been given by a friend. When asked more about it, it was found out to be a present from a boy.

Momma Bear thought it a little bold but was assured that Hansel was just a friend and thought no more of it. Until yesterday. Momma Bear went to the school and talked to Goldilocks teacher. Momma Bear asked the teacher if Hansel might have a crush on Goldilocks and was told,........"In the worst way. In fact, they were holding hands today walking down the hall"!

Momma Bear's hackles rose on her neck. Before she could snap her snarling teeth, the teacher sensing an attack, hurried and assured the Momma Bear that the friendship was innocent. Hansel had special needs and Goldilocks acting like a mother figure, watched out for him.

When Goldilocks came home from school she showed Momma Bear yet another pile of presents from Hansel. A pile of books, in a box, that had bird poo on the bottom. Momma Bear had a talk with Goldilocks and told her that it was sweet that Hansel wanted to give her so many presents but that he in fact was probably taking them from his sister Miss Muffet and they would need to be returned.

Goldilocks understood because Happy had a way of taking things that didn't belong to him all of the time much to everyone who lived in the cottages exasperation!

Momma Bear is now contemplating how to help bring this story to a, "And they all lived happily ever after.......THE END!" Only she's having a time of it because trying to explain that holding hands with a special needs boy at the age of 9 is okay but when you're a teenager all boys become special needs and royally handicapped! Where to draw the line......

I do believe Happy may be the answer to Momma Bear's problems.

(The other day, after school, the door flies open and:)

Sneezy: (Limping dramatically for effect) Momma Bear! Happy kicked me really hard and it hurts.

Momma Bear: (Looking at Happy) Happy? Did you kick Sneezy?

Happy: (Disgruntled look on his face, looking everywhere but at Momma Bear) It was my deeeestinyyy!

Momma Bear: (Biting inside of cheek) Happy. You need to tell Sneezy you are sorry.

Happy: (Looking at the ceiling now) I can't. It is my deeeestinyyy!

Problem solved. Happy will accompany all outings with Goldilocks when suitors come to call. It is his deeeestinyyyyy!

And they all lived happily ever after.

The End!!

15 comments:

  1. oh..this is the best fairy tail i ever did read!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I wonder if Happy would accompany my daughters when they When Goldilocks and Ree are old enough to date they will always have to group date and take Happy with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I'm rereading what was posted and I thought I typed "accompany my daughters when they are old enough to date."

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Happy...makes me...well... HAPPY!
    It is his destiny.

    I'm telling ya Rachel, Happyisms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Quite the story, really. Glad that the story isn't quite over yet...it's the joy in the journey, not the destination which creates the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that taking Happy along might beat taking Mama Bear along - on everything. All the time. Like, to dances. And movies. And other play dates. Which, I fear, is the only other alternative. Or Almost Auntie K, who is - really - no less fierce than Mama Bear. It's her destiny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where does he get this stuff?? Hilarious. And you are very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Misty, And it's a true fairy tale!

    Chastina, I'm sure Happy would be 'happy' to accompany your girls especially if they gave him donuts. He loves donuts.

    Jody, Great minds......right?

    Natalie, LOL! I know. I should devote a link just to the things he comes up with!

    Uncle Rush, Didn't I just quote that to you?? :) Or maybe I thought I had and you read my mind...

    Kristen, It is our destiny to be fierce and Levi's to humble us all. :)

    Kathy, I have no idea. I just hope he never grows out of it. The daily laughs keep my days....well.......happy!

    Emma, Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, you can't blame hime.
    "it was his destinnnnyyyyyy!!!"

    cute story!!!
    lol
    ♥.♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hanna, That's what he thinks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is stories like this that make we wonder if we are all being hoodwinked by Happy. Maybe we are ones with handicapped brains and he easily manipulates us at any and every whim, and with no real effort. It is nigh impossible for us to predict him sometimes. And sometimes I am astounded by his ability to get what he wants. On this note, I ask for our eloquant blog auther to share the story of the magic gum thief.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brian, Funny. I have wondered the same many a time. I think that we are in fact handicapped in many ways because we do function at a higher level. I say funny because I have a post coming on this very thing.

    I think perhaps.....with a little persuasion ;) I might grant you your proposal that I tell the mysterious gum disappearing story....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ginna, Mr. M doesn't think so and I can guarantee Miss K when she has to drag Levi with her on all of her dates won't think so! :D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!