Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, February 26, 2010

How To Be A Good President!

My baby girl's best friend had an assignment for school. She was to write a paper on, "How to be a good president". She is nine and full of great wisdom. And could quite possibly be.......our future president.......there's a possibility it could happen!

Step 1. Make good laws, not bad ones like: "After you chew gum, spit it on the floor and leave it there."

Step 2. Listen to your peoples complaints, except a dumb one like: "My wife keeps folding my clothes and putting the i my drawers!"

Step 3. Give touching and wonderful speeches.

Step 4. Never scare people, even on Halloween, cause if you do, and you're dressed as a robber...the person might think you're a real robber and call the cops and get you arrested. Then when you show them that you're the president, they will keep you in jail and find a new president.

Step 5. The last step is to never ever claim that you're just a regular person because then people will start to freak out and think that their president has gone missing or someone president-naped him.

P.S. Some of these ideas are dumb but there's a possibility they could happen.

10 comments:

  1. I have to say that these are VERY good points. And if we all were able to follow these recommendations we'd all be a lot better off.
    Hilarious the things kids come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAA!!! Oh, that girl! Tell her that the only thing anyone has down so far is number 3. That pretty much gets you were you need to go. After that everyone just wishes they hadn't been had by the touching and wonderful speeches....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginna, I about fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard when her mom read me this paper. Hysterical! Why was I never that clever when I was a kid? Or now even? Guess that is why I'll never be president of the United States! :D

    Misty, Good ol' smooth talkin'. Amazing what a smooth talker can weasel their way into or out of isn't it? She's such a goof. A wonderfully funny goof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying not to laugh right now but I might burst and then i'll get sent to detention!!! (im still in school.)
    oh great now my eyes are starting to water from holding in the laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those rules! She did a great job coming up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed that there was nothing about mandatory ice cream socials...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hanna, Naughty girl! I never was very good at suppressing a laugh. Hope you didn't get into trouble.

    Chastina, She did do a good job. I think if ever the day comes when I'd like to run for president, I'll put her on my staff.

    Uncle Rush, That's because.....mandatory ice cream socials are a given! Goes with those sweet and syrupy speeches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should seriously mail this to the White House. They (surprisingly) read a lot of the mail they receive and sometimes invite the authors to the White House. (Okay, it happened once to a lady in Salt Lake County.) If she's going to be president she'll need to become familiar with the area.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa, I'll talk to her mom. I think the White House would get a kick out of this.....if they've any sense of humor......

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!