Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Gum Ninja.


Image from http://birthdaycouture.com


As by request of The SM. Remember this post where I mention the thief and his fascination with stealing gum?

Today the younger Native's went off to school wearing capes. They are learning about leukemia and today is Captain Chemo. day.

Somewhere I have photos of Levi wearing his batman/superman cape. It's reversible. He loves that cape and wears it all of the time. As he flies around on his bike he likes watching it billow behind him. All of this is well and good but I am afraid he wears the wrong cape!

I've nothing against Batman or Superman it's just, they aren't stealth enough. Levi needs a ninja cape. A cape that says, "You can't see me.......". Or maybe Harry Potter's invisibility cloak.

Levi has a way of spotting things he wants and unlike any creature I've ever known, grabs/steals it and you seriously have no idea when or how he's done it. Not until you go and open his dresser drawer to get him a shirt and lo and behold.....six packs of gum are sitting there! Or The SM's tape measure......or all of the batteries to the remotes.

Gum. Levi has a thing for gum. I have bought more stolen packages of gum over the years then I've bought gum. In other words. I have a thing for gum myself only I actually buy the gum first before I start to chew it. Levi on the other hand steals the gum and later after I've found it, I have to figure out which store he's stolen it from and go back and pay for it. Those are the times when I've forgotten to frisk him before leaving a store. I always end up paying for it if I don't frisk first.......

Gum and chap stick. The two items we buy most. Batteries is a close third.

Try it sometime. Watch Levi. Put a pack of gum out in front of him and watch him. I promise you, you'll not see him take it. One minute it is there....and the next it is gone and you've no idea when he did it!

If I didn't have any morals I'd take him to Vegas. We could get away with it! Levi does all of the time.

9 comments:

  1. Gum Ninja. I like the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man is that kid teaching you a lesson in honesty or what? Trying to figure out where to go to pay for it? You are a good person Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hysterical. That Levi keeps you on your toes, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is that in your mailbox? You had better go and see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gerb, It's very fitting ins't it?

    Natalie, It's really obnoxious actually. I wish I could walk into any ol' store and pay for gum but I have this nasty thing called "Jimmy Cricket". He's an especially noisy cricket.

    Lori, Most definetly! In more ways than one. Sometimes it is funny and other times, we learn to think it is funny. :)

    Ninja Master, I see why you are called the master! Amazingly stealth. Very cool. Very cool to have a Master in Levi's corner! He's walking around this morning in his new found attire rubbing his belly with a grin on his face saying, "I like ninja gum!" :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody, LOL! You are INCORRIGIBLE!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jody, :) You're welcome. You nut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if we could re-direct that skill. He could be the . . . DUST ninja. At my house. He could do that. And nobody would ever know. Or the debt Ninja. Or - the heartbreak ninja. Or the discouragement Ninja. He could do any of those things. And I would make a cape for him. I would make it myself. Or the West Nile Ninja. Some of these things would be much safer in his dresser drawer than where they are now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristen, I like the way you think!! Yeah! The dust ninja, or the dirty bathrooms ninja, the laundry ninja. Must work on his ninja skills!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!