Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, February 8, 2010

My life last week. It was a country song.

This week. It's good ol' rock n' roll baby! The truck is fixed, the toilet is fixed, the furnace is supposed to be fixed today....., The SM is back safe and sound from Germany (which is why the toilet is fixed),


Photo by Pioneer Woman

and because I made and fed The SM THIS when he stepped off the plane he has promised not to leave me ever again. For at least a week for sure!



Since I've been doing this hair do for all of three days now can I just say, "Thank goodness for flat irons!!!" Whew! Let me tell you! Naturally curly always in a funk hair and short........they don't like each other. All of my sisters suffer from this disease and I can remember my older sisters talking about back in the day when they'd lay their long locks on the ironing board and with the iron they'd iron their hair flat! Can you imagine me with my short hair slapping my head on an ironing board and trying to iron it? The walls in my house would fall down in shock seeing me with the iron and ironing board.

East wall: What in the heck is she doing with those things?

West wall: I don't know! I've never seen her use em before. Do ya think she knows what they are for?

North wall: Oooh, (wailing...) I knew it! I knew this day would come. It's the end. I can feel it in my joists.

South wall: Ah hush all a ya! Look at her. She's trying to flatten her face with the thing. Pull up your retainers and stand strong. We've nothin' to worry about.....unless she leaves the dang thing on and burns us all to cinders.....like she did with her hair.....

Yes, flat irons. The greatest invention. Right up there with the UPS man delivering Levi's diapers once a month.

Just do yourself a favor. Don't ever and I mean EVER come over halfway through the process. Half freaked out curly hair and half straight hair. Well, it just aint natural and that's all I'm gonna say about THAT!

13 comments:

  1. OK, I find it hilarious that you like the Pioneer Woman too! I *love* her blog, and her recipe book is lots of fun. This is a recipe I want to try, since I had something similar when we went to Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody, it turned out super wonderfully, "Wow! I can't believe I ate all that...and more"!

    Four and a half stars all the way around. If you clink on the blue link it will take you to the tutorial and recipe. Very yummy, very easy, very worth it.

    Korrie, I check it everyday. :) Yes, do try this recipe! You won't be sorry. It makes a ton which is good because we snarfed it! I did change one thing. I don't like my gr. peppers soggy so I cooked my onions until they were glazed and then at the last minuted threw in my peppers and charred them as the recipe says. I like a little bit of crunch. Obviously, used chicken stock instead of wine as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jody. That food looks gooooo--oood. If I tried a flatiron, my hair would simply vanish, like what happens when you put water on sugar.

    I thought you weren't checking Ms. THing every day anymore? Just can't leave it alone, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, It's that "just in case....." factor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad things are looking up for you this week!
    We fried my friend's hair when we were teenagers by ironing it with the iron. It was so bad, she eventually had to chop it all off.
    The same can happen with a flat iron; just ask my bangs when I first started using one. Just make sure you have a good protectant or you may be bald eventually...And that would be some blog post!

    Sorry, to run off so quickly tonight. Dallin had a headache and sometimes he gets sick to his tummy, so I thought we would spare you all that sight. They really were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You clever girl, you. Talking walls. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie, I'm so glad that you were able to come! Matthew was thrilled.

    I've heard horror stories about flat irons. I'll be careful. What is a good protectant???

    Poor Dallin. We know all about those kinds of headaches over here. I hope he starts to feel better real soon.


    Kathy, Yes, talking walls. As long as they are only answering themselves and me not answering them we should be okay right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel,
    I really like one by J-life, it can be hard to find and cost $17 a bottle...But the bottle lasts me about 6-7 months and I don't fry off my hair, so it is worth every penny to me. Chi also makes one that is good too that you can buy at Wal-Mart between $10-12 and lasts about the same amount of time. You can borrow either one of mine and see if you like them before you buy. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Rachel--my walls are having the same conversation. You are too funny. I have extremely difficult country hair--it has a few cowlicks, it's coarse in nature, and it just has a mind of its own. Something that helps, if you want to spend the money and you have a good salon near you, is a keratin treatment. You get them about once every 4-6 months, and they make your hair feel like satin. You might have to just tip the ends with the flat iron when you're done, and I actually only have to wash my hair once every three days. It's amazing, and for me, well worth what I pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natalie, I have some hair silk stuff that costs an arm and a leg. Is that the type of stuff? Real oily kinda?

    Lori, Sounds good to me! My goodness. I think we could all spend a year blogging about hair nightmares alone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel, you are HILARIOUS!!! You know, I often think there are things in my house that are talking to me as well. Maybe I'm not so crazy afterall. Btw, I don't use anything on my hair when I straighten it. Maybe I should start.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uh, YEAH. Totally. I actually did blog about my hair, here: http://hintonrae.wordpress.com/2009/05/20/ . And now, not quite a year later, you're blogging about your hair.

    Kind of funny, actually. As if we didn't have anything important to discuss, like Shoes. Or how to prepare something yummy to eat. Or...hmmm. I don't know--hair seems pretty dang important at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lyndee, If the walls aren't talking to me then I am talking to them and I get really ticked when they don't listen!

    Lori, Hair is most definetly important at the moment because quite frankly....a bad hairday pretty much defines the entire day!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!