Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Spring. It's just around the corner. I can tell.



I can tell because when the weather starts to warm up......out comes the bike.



And along with the bike, comes the bike cart, or wagon, or whatever Levi feels like pulling.



It's not just enough to pull the bike cart. He has to attach a rope to the cart and pull a spool of string which happens to be The SM's. A new spool of string mind you.



That is drug round and round and round as it bounces along. How delightful it sounds and looks as it bounces behind the bike cart. Notice the discarded muddy shoes in the street...we'll come back to those in a minute.



Oh The SM is going to love this.....right....through.....the mud.



Time for the Mum to step in and rescue the string.



Minutes later Levi has a new contraption being pulled behind the bike cart.



The discarded shoes and soggy muddy socks get rescued and taken along for the ride.



I wish I knew where to because the shoes were later found.....



We've still yet to see where the socks ended up. Probably in the ditch...being sucked out to the lake by now.

11 comments:

  1. I keep thinking of that scene in Napoleon Dynamite where he ties the string to the action figure, and then tosses the figure out of the bus window. I think this must be a male brain thing - because all the guys go, "Yeah." But = I don't really get it. Maybe Levi was really meant to drive those big dump trucks that pull the pup trailers behind them.

    String through that water. And you just stood there with your camera - snicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the pics because I need to be reminded that spring is around the corner and I just need to hang on a little bit longer!! It's almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that kid.

    And that you watched him drag his dad's new spool of string around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Max would love attaching stuff to his bike and dragging it around. I mean he would LOVE it. Good thing he doesn't know how to do it yet or all of Kris's stuff would be muddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Levi the other day playing outside, the knees of his pants were wet. I thought "Levi outside with water, must be getting warmer." Love the pictures of him enjoying the warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody, The mountains are gorgeous aren't they? I can't imagine my world without them. I don't know any different.

    As adults we sometimes forget and need to lighten up don't we and be a kid. It's a lot funner!

    Kristen, Guilty. I did just stand there and snap away.

    Levi would LOVE to drive one of those big dump trucks only he'd irritate who ever he was working with because as soon as he'd dump the dirt he'd want them to scoop it all back up into his truck so he could dump it again!

    Misty, He's a good example isn't he?

    Miss Chrochet Queen, Yes, just a little bit longer. We can do it!

    Natalie, Life's too short right? It's a spool of string....now if it were MINE....that's be a whole nother story! ;)

    Ginna, Oh and Sultan would love chasing Max and what ever he was dragging!

    Chastina, He does love water doesn't he? Levi and water. They kinda go together whether I want them to or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Levi is such a cute kid! Hope those socks made it out ok! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma, It's a good thing he IS cute because we've not found the socks. Knowing Levi....we probably never will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll have to do another shoot when it heats up and is summertime...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uncle Rush, That would be fun! Are you up for some pasture time? :D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!