Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Conversations with my ten year old son




The little native on the right in the blue shirt and I had an interesting conversation yesterday. It went something like this:

Native: Mom, does it take very long to build a house?

Mom: It took nine months to build ours.

Native: Wow! That is almost a year! They took breaks for like dinner right?

Mom: Yup!

Native: I'm gonna build my own house.

Mom: Oh really? How come?

Native: So I won't have to pay. It won't cost any money if I do it myself.

Mom: It still costs money. You have to buy all of the supplies.

Native: That's okay. I'll just go and find me some land and start building me a house.

Mom: You can't. You have to pay for the land.

Native: Well, I'm a boy and boys are men. Men can build houses. At least they should be able to. We do stuff like that.

3 comments:

  1. Yes. They do. And I was gonna sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir one day. But he may build a house - I think that's easier than the choir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said my man, well said. hey, that native on the left looks familiar....oh, ya, he is the one that keeps striking matches in my house even though i told him not to do that...one of them can build it, the other can burn it to the ground!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!