Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Why my SM travels so much




I feel that it is time to come out in the clear on this subject. Many of you come and put your arms around me and tell me how sorry you are that my Sexy Man has been once again called out of the country.





I have pretended to moan and groan on your shoulders telling you how hard it is being a single parent but that we are managing. We are tough and used to it.





The truth of the matter is, my SM's company wouldn't send him so often if I didn't have a craving for all of THIS! So, when our supplies run low and they do tend to run low quickly........I call my SM's boss and tell him to send my husband to Germany NOW!





My SM comes home from work and with a sad look on his face says, "I've some bad news honey. I've got another business trip to Germany". To which I reply, "Oh honey, that is such a bummer.....here's your bags. I've got em all packed for ya! See ya when you get home and don't forget to fill that extra bag I put in with your luggage". SMOOCHES!!

I realize you can buy most of this stuff here now in the US but I'm tellin' ya. Once you've tasted the real deal....it just aint the same....and so....the story goes....and we are yet happy once again and our belly's delightfully full of European gummi's, chocolate, Nutella, and cheese since my SM got back on Friday from another "business trip". Sssshh, don't give away my secret. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome! That almost makes it worth it! I love your kids! Brennan told us at the Preistood preveiw last night that your "SM" will be in Korea for a couple days... What treats does he bring ya from there!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh seriously. on my mission I had to tell my mom to not send me chocolate because I just didn't have the stomach for American wax when there was european chocolate to be had.

    One of my companions would always buy snickers and twix bars and I always thought that was a waste because we could get those in america, but then I bought one and it was like 800x better than American ones. So I figure EVERYTHING tastes better in europe. Next time pack your SM an extra suitcase so you can share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness that German stuff is just amazing. Kris and I miss it! When we were in Vienna for the summer we enjoyed the food so much. The chocolate, the haribo candies, the muller milks. Ask Brian if he's ever had a Muller milk. If not he's GOT to next time he's there. Any flavor. At least just to make me happy. (and by that I mean envious).
    Like I'm not envious enough of you right now, sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cant say im not jealous. because I am...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dunno. Trader Joe's. I know. I know. He brings that stuff home, too. Hmmmm. But my GM, he generates a pretty mean stew -

    ReplyDelete
  6. K-Ya.....I'd say I have to agree with you on that stew thing beings as we were the lucky recipients last night of his yum stew which the kids snarfed they loved it so much and your GM being as awesome as he is made enough that we have left overs! Yea! I don't have to cook dinner TWICE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I get you on the Nutella! DH even did a little research once and the stuff that's made in Europe is healthier for you than the ones sold here. Something about emulsifiers and oils, I believe. He'll even go out of his way to go to the international markets to find the ones made in Europe, they really do taste better too! So, they kids get the American version, and we save the good stuff for us!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!