Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hey baglady!




My hair started to turn a lovey shade of shimmer when I was a Senior in high school. I can remember plucking the one or two stray grays. Now, if I were to pluck I'd be bald so the alternative is to either come out on stage and shimmer and glow or hide in a closet under the guise of color in a box.

Personally, I really do not care if my hair is shimmery. I prefer to call it shimmer instead of gray.....gray sounds so drab and cold and color less. Kind of like today. A cold drab gray day. My SM likes my darker hair though and thinks I'm not mature enough to carry off the full shimmer so he colors my hair for me.

I have come out and told the awful confession in this post that I'm not an environmentalist but I do believe in recycling grocery bags. They make lovely hats don't you think?

8 comments:

  1. Love the feet though--makes you look like you have no legs!! I'm considering going gray. I'll look like I'm married to my son (he has NOT ONE gray hair), but I'm tired of the coloring, the cost and the hassle...we shall see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you are a brave girl putting up this pic and exposing your gray secret...I mean shimmer...tell Brian I think the shimmer would show your great wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, well if we can all agree to go shimmer together, I'm in! I'm sicka waiting for Scott to sprout tinsel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    I think we are missing the bigger point here. BRIAN does you hair! What a man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your hair. It is just so gorgeous and wavy and amazing. I've always been a little jealous, I must admit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome that your SM does your hair. I will probably always color my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. G likes the silver. But it doesn't show in my hair. I'm kind of a gold and silver blond anyway. I wonder what my hair would look like if you could actually see the gray. I love your hair dark, too. I wouldn't mind the shimmer, but I get such pleasure out of looking at that mass of dark, wavy stuff - it's one of the few times I can admit that I'm glad somebody colors their hair. 's yummy. And so ecologically responsible!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey midget!!! I've decided that the one good indulgence I have left in life is playing with my hair. So, before I finally let it shimmer (which I'm fighting all the way) you can bet I'll even go purple. Yep, that's me. Fakin' it all the way. Hee, hee, hee!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!