Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Child labor, Slave labor, I'm all for it!




What is the difference between boys doing the dishes and girls?.........I believe the answer is in the look of guilt on the oldest native's face here as I am reprimanding he and his brother for jousting with my glass lids thank you very much!

Scuse the mess over there by the phone. I was gonna get to that sometime in the future.




One would think that they could sit quietly reading and relaxing with a book while their children obediently do the dishes but apparently not.




And apparently the other natives can't just sit and watch their brothers do the dishes in a civilized manner either and have to start grabbing the closest thing next to them so they can join in the fray. Carrots? Do you seriously want to go there?




You knew this would happen. Once you pull out your carrots there's no turning back!

It's a fight to the death.



And when one finds themselves out maneuvered and under armed?



They pull out the bigger guns...

5 comments:

  1. oh man boys...I love it!!! Seriously...best pictures of the day! At least they look clean and it didnt turn into a food fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative way to "do" the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, there. You did tell them to "do" the dishes? Not to "wash" the dishes? Well then. (shrugs). Do-be-do-be-do: you also gave them horseback riding lessons - and you think that isn't going to lead to delusions of knighthood?

    I don't really see where the bananas come into this -

    Or maybe I don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I told them to "do" the dishes which also means washing anything by hand that doesn't fit in the dishwasher which is how this whole thing got started.

    Hand washing and drying lids then turned into grabbing utensils and jousting. I was sitting in my living room reading, heard a whole lot of giggling, laughing, and feet running around for the simple task of dishwashing. I went to investigate only to find the natives doing what you see in the photos.

    If I were civilized I'd have put a stop to it instead of grabbing my camera and giggling myself especially when food entered the picture. But, I never was civilized which is why I am raising natives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All is fair in love and dish wars!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!