Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Student of the month!!!



Yes, this native has been awarded "Student of the month" at his Junior High. The question is, what exactly does that mean? How did he become this? What does this mean?

I asked him. I asked the "Student of the month" and he said, "I dunno...but I got candy and a gift certificate to Barnes and Nobles".





I'm puzzled. How is it that my natives can be so successful and turning out to be such contributing to society in a positive manner human beings with me as their mother? I just don't get it. I was never chosen to be student of the day, week, month, year. I can't imagine why.......I'm going to spend the day contemplating this confubion.

7 comments:

  1. The way I understand it is the teachers nominates a student for the award. Congrats to the native on the award! Especially the gift certificate to Barnes and Noble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and rightly he should be! It's those who don't take themselves too seriously that are the best I think. But youguys take yourselves very seriously, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Trevor, not on student of the month but on scoring some awesome prizes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Thanks for letting us seize some floor...and a mattress...and some blankets...and some sheets...and some pillows...and some food...so, in short...thanks for letting stay at your place at conference and party with you! We had loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was CERTAIN I'd seen you on at least one WANTED poster. Now, look closely - whose eyes do his eyes remind you of - those huge, crazy, zany eyes? Uh-huh. If this doesn't light his fuse, I really will have to beat him with the stick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. K- I've no idea what you are talking about........crazy, zany eyes? They look perfectly normal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ginna, nothing but seriousness aloud. I believe in being of a sober mind.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!